Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: setting ride hieght
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
car is still on jack stands (stop laughing). i need to set the ride height and put the torsion locks back on. i realize i will have to adjust them when it's down but is there an in the middle type place to adjust them to start
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(nycchef @ Apr 13 2010, 01:37 PM) *

car is still on jack stands (stop laughing). i need to set the ride height and put the torsion locks back on. i realize i will have to adjust them when it's down but is there an in the middle type place to adjust them to start

Just install the bars and put the adjusters back on evenly and at the bottom of the transverse link with the adjustingscrews screwed in half way. When it drops down you can adjust the height higher or lower.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 13 2010, 02:00 PM) *

Just install the bars and put the adjusters back on evenly and at the bottom of the transverse link with the adjustingscrews screwed in half way. When it drops down you can adjust the height higher or lower.

agree.gif
nycchef
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 13 2010, 01:07 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 13 2010, 02:00 PM) *

agree.gif

thanks guys good job gettin the other site up
Cap'n Krusty
You ARE aware that altering the ride height changes the alignment, right?

The Cap'n
SLITS
specs / procedure are in the Haynes Manual .....
VaccaRabite
Yeah, you are going to need an alignment before you go to town driving. But you knew that.

Zach
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 13 2010, 07:08 PM) *

The Cap'n

A) He replaced the whole front end...it will need an alignment anyways.
cool.gif He has no plans to drive the car so its a mute point...

If he was a real teener he would drive that car to Hershey....poke.gif
nycchef
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 13 2010, 06:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 13 2010, 07:08 PM) *

The Cap'n

A) He replaced the whole front end...it will need an alignment anyways.
cool.gif He has no plans to drive the car so its a mute point...

If he was a real teener he would drive that car to Hershey....poke.gif

i am having the allignment done by a real front end shop. i may come to hershey, i may have to go to New Orleans though. if i make it to hershey it'll be in a mercedes not the 914. seriously 4 hours in a 37 year old VW with no AC. a radio that can't make it over the engine noise and a suspension that transfers every bump from my tailbone to my eye sockets, not to mention the constant threat of a cataclysmic event.

sorry guys I AM TOO F**#*NG OLD FOR THAT!!
but i love you guys just the same pray.gif
VaccaRabite
Come to hershey. i want to meet you!

Zach
nycchef
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 14 2010, 04:17 AM) *

Zach

gonna try. on the other hand come to new orleans, i have to do some research for a new restaurant up here and that requires hitting about a dozen restaurants and bars in 3 days on my investors dime
jaxdream
Hey chef , if your heading South for a Southern flavor , check out a resterant in Nashville,Tn, it's called Monel's ( not sure that the correct spelling ) it serves Southern style cooking , usually served to large tables where the patrons sit and pass the food around family style , most at the table are strangers to each other , just depends on how many are in the attending groups. The food is fabulous ( it was last time I visited ) and I would call it true Southern style cooking . New Orleans has it's own style of food if that's what you are looking for , not always representative of most Southern style food , but very good in it's own right. Just an idea , maybe benificial , maybe not , but Monel's does Southern style excelently. chowtime.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
type11969
QUOTE(nycchef @ Apr 14 2010, 04:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 14 2010, 04:17 AM) *

Zach

gonna try. on the other hand come to new orleans, i have to do some research for a new restaurant up here and that requires hitting about a dozen restaurants and bars in 3 days on my investors dime

Damn man, sounds rough. Need some help? I like food.
nycchef
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Apr 14 2010, 06:09 AM) *

Hey chef , if your heading South for a Southern flavor , check out a resterant in Nashville,Tn, it's called Monel's ( not sure that the correct spelling ) it serves Southern style cooking , usually served to large tables where the patrons sit and pass the food around family style , most at the table are strangers to each other , just depends on how many are in the attending groups. The food is fabulous ( it was last time I visited ) and I would call it true Southern style cooking . New Orleans has it's own style of food if that's what you are looking for , not always representative of most Southern style food , but very good in it's own right. Just an idea , maybe benificial , maybe not , but Monel's does Southern style excelently. chowtime.gif

Jack / Jaxdream

gonna hit Monells in franklin Tenn. thats a second trip in may or june, will hit beale street (rondevous) if you know of any other mon and pop little places let me know
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.