Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Fogs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Was this done by cutting two holes in a Horn Grill ? or custom ? Looks good and allows for Fogs and emergency driving lights without relying on the pop-up buckets if they fail to operate.
VaccaRabite
Looks custom to me.

Like a stock grill was cut, and then a ring welded in for the second light.
Zach
carr914
The grill looks wider than stock. I vote enlarged hole & custom grill

I like it
JmuRiz
Whatever they did, I like it...very cool on an endurance racer tribute car.
RJMII
The fog grills are small enough I bet I could copy that on my mill... hmmm. idea.gif
stepuptotheMike
wow that looks nice.
plas76targa
I'd swear this was posted before . I did a search but haven't found it. Is it a Europe only option? I agree the grill looks wider. I do like it tho'
McMark
Absolutely wider.

Custom bumper. Custom grills. Custom light mounts.

Lotsa work.
bandjoey
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 14 2010, 10:16 AM) *

The fog grills are small enough I bet I could copy that on my mill... hmmm. idea.gif

Hummmmm I'll bet there's a market for reasonably priced light grills... idea.gif
jim_hoyland
I did a test fit. Placed two pilot fog lamps behind a horn grill. No fit. The original fogs are even larger. So must be custom
carr914
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Apr 14 2010, 12:05 PM) *

I'd swear this was posted before . I did a search but haven't found it. Is it a Europe only option? I agree the grill looks wider. I do like it tho'

We talked about it after Gustl ( I think) took this picture and a couple of others at an Euro 914 get together.

Obviously this would be much easier to do with a F/G bumper. Maybe I'll try. idea.gif

T.C.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 14 2010, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(plas76targa @ Apr 14 2010, 12:05 PM) *

We talked about it after Gustl ( I think) took this picture and a couple of others at an Euro 914 get together.

Obviously this would be much easier to do with a F/G bumper. Maybe I'll try. idea.gif

T.C.

If you work with a FG bumper and 2 grills for each side, seems like the grills could be lengthed to accomodate the 2nd light smile.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 14 2010, 10:19 AM) *

Hummmmm I'll bet there's a market for reasonably priced light grills... idea.gif

I'm actually betting on it right now. More in 3 -4 weeks.
Standard grills only.
Dr Evil
I could do that smile.gif Why stop at 4, go to 8! Just kidding. I like the dual look.
Porcharu
I like it and I want it. Fogs and driving lights.
Steve - light whore.
carr914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 15 2010, 02:05 AM) *

Standard grills only.

This is like a parts Field of Dreams - Make & they will come.

Then I can go really over the top - I better go get a couple of extra batteries

Click to view attachment

MDG
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 15 2010, 10:44 AM) *

Then I can go really over the top - I better go get a couple of extra batteries

Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Olympic blue is perdy..
Brent
I agree, the double light look is NICE!!!, FG only tho.
JTarver
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 14 2010, 10:05 PM) *

Standard grills only.

Oh there's a market for them, I assure you. I'd be interested depending on price. =)

Joe
Eric_Shea
Gulf Blue
Pat Garvey
Okay, as many of you know, I'm far from being embarassed about my ignorance, even after 38 year of 914 ownership.

What is a F/G bumper?
Pat
Jerry

...Fiberglass bumper!!!!
Mikey914
QUOTE(JTarver @ Apr 15 2010, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 14 2010, 10:05 PM) *

Standard grills only.

Oh there's a market for them, I assure you. I'd be interested depending on price. =)

Joe

You know I won't do it unless I can get the price down significantly. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.