agree.gif works here
biosurfer1
PICNIC

(Problem In Chair Not In Computer:D)
McMark
I've been banned from PayPal! sad.gif

av-943.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Well you must have done something RIGHT then. We call it Pay FOUL The inbred brother of Evilbay

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2010, 09:46 AM) *

I've been banned from PayPal! sad.gif

av-943.gif

Socalandy
not sure what version of IE your using but In IE, turn off the "Friendly HTTP error messages" by choosing tools - internet options - advanced. The full error messages as well as the line number of the error will then be displayed.

McMark
Internet Explorer? I would only use that if I were trying to expand my Virus collection. happy11.gif

It's finally working for me.
bandjoey
In order to make a full evaluation of PayPal, please send $500 to my account, and I'll notify you when it gets there. biggrin.gif Seems to be working.
PS.
If you havn't tried the Iphone app, go for it. If you sell over the counter or at a garage sale, you can get someone to send you money in a matter of seconds, without firing up the computer.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:39 AM) *

PICNIC

(Problem In Chair Not In Computer:D)

aka PEBKAC (Problem Exists between Keyboard and Chair

aka ID -10 -T error wink.gif
ME733
....I banned myself from payfoul.....and damn glad I did.....I,m just tired of paying for some one in my pocket just because I want to purchase something....E-Bay sellers ALREADY pay to list their stuff.., and charge absurd shipping /handling rates....and now E-bay requires that you must use ..payfoul....just a bunch of theves now that they think they have a captured world wide exchange/market.
bandjoey
If you have a large business with daily credit cards, you pay 1/2 - 2% anyway for sales, depending on volumn. I am really happy to sell online my few surplus parts (and yes, at a garage sale) and be able to take a credit card to get quick cash. When you cut off Evil Bay, the paypal fees are reasonable. No more waiting on an envelope of cash or taking a check from a stranger, as they walk off with your parts.

charliew
How is pp any different from a atm that charges you 2.50 for a withdrawal? What really gets me is the charge out of my return from a crook on ebay.
ConeDodger
It was probably a Mac thing...
McMark
PayPal is a service, they do it to make money. I can't understand the people who begrudge them their business model. PayPal should be a free service? rolleyes.gif

Give me a f-ing break. I use PayPal for all my CC transactions because no other CC service can give me INSTANT access to my funds. Most CC companies make you wait 3-5 days to actually deposit the money in your account.

Nerve touched.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(ME733 @ Apr 14 2010, 10:24 AM) *

....I banned myself from payfoul.....and damn glad I did.....I,m just tired of paying for some one in my pocket just because I want to purchase something....E-Bay sellers ALREADY pay to list their stuff.., and charge absurd shipping /handling rates....and now E-bay requires that you must use ..payfoul....just a bunch of theves now that they think they have a captured world wide exchange/market.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I agree 200%
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2010, 12:30 PM) *

PayPal is a service, they do it to make money. I can't understand the people who begrudge them their business model. PayPal should be a free service? rolleyes.gif

Give me a f-ing break. I use PayPal for all my CC transactions because no other CC service can give me INSTANT access to my funds. Most CC companies make you wait 3-5 days to actually deposit the money in your account.

Nerve touched.

Because e bay will not let buyers of items pay any other way without making it very difficult, they have already charged a listing and a selling fee, and then a pay pal fee, they will take money out of your account weather you like it or not, they delay the payment into your bank account as long as they can to get interest on the money, they are impossible to get in touch with just like e bay, they charge their fee for incoming but then outgoing for any refund unless it is e bay, and the percentage rate is higher than any charge card! You can never dispute the bill and not pay because they then remove it from your bank account.
We would love to just list on e bay and take customer charge cards but cannot.
McMark
So your problem is with eBay. rolleyes.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 14 2010, 10:32 AM) *

If you have a large business with daily credit cards, you pay 1/2 - 2% anyway for sales, depending on volumn. I am really happy to sell online my few surplus parts (and yes, at a garage sale) and be able to take a credit card to get quick cash. When you cut off Evil Bay, the paypal fees are reasonable. No more waiting on an envelope of cash or taking a check from a stranger, as they walk off with your parts.

And that is what they are cashing in on.....making it easy and safe for the buyer, at the sellers expense not theirs. When it comes down to it, it is great for buyers and bad for sellers. E bay and pay pal say that customer satisfaction is number one, just like they should, but they treat the sellers like their employees, bossing them around, telling them what to do, but never listening to them. The problem is that the sellers are not their employees so should not be treated as such and if a seller does not want to make his site one of customer satisfaction is not number one and take pay pal, then he should not be forced to do it!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2010, 02:30 PM) *

Nerve touched.

agree.gif

I've used paypal for years. never had an issue with them or their 3%
McMark
Comfortable customers = easier sales. confused24.gif
zx-niner
Maybe I should have caught up on my 914world reading before PayPal'ing today. Hope my money went through! piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 14 2010, 12:11 PM) *

It was probably a Mac thing...

lol-2.gif
McMark
LOL, I got your PM before reading this thread, Steve. So I was a little confused, but now I get it. lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.