Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My teeners gone lame!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rascobo
After three years of restorations, roadblocks, upgrades, detours and illness, (and no car at all this past year) My teener, although not finished, is ready to be reintroduced to asphalt. Just one major obstacle remaining (oh please Herr Doktor).
After starting it up I discover I've got a bad cv joint. sad2.gif Oh well, I've replaced more than a few and even have that used axle with joints I'd bought & stashed, for a back-up. biggrin.gif

...Doh!... Both joints are shot! hissyfit.gif

Now that they're no longer being made for the 914, I've been searching without much luck for a replacement, also haven't found any recent posts on the problem, excepting those discussing seemingly involved and spendy axle, hub, output flange conversions. I've heard the old cv's can be sent somewhere and be rebuilt, which would be fine but time is an issue(moving soon).
Help.
Has anyone found a reasonable source for(stock cv's) or alternative to them?

I'd hate after twenty years to put her down over this, but I've just about reached my physical, emotional, and financial limits, and almost ready to pull a 'Richard Pryor' on her ass.

Foot Sore and whining in the N.W.
rascobo
She-it! After all that brain farting I clicked on Tangerine's link at the bottom of this page and.....well,... never mind. 051103-stupid4.gif
rascobo
agree.gif
Tom_T
I think the good doktor at AA still rebuilds them too, & maybe Eric Shea at PMB! biggrin.gif
SLITS
I will look in our stock and see if we have "good to go" CV axles. I will check my personal stock and see if I have "good to go" CVs. Freight would be from Cali. I thought I might have a new one with both ends.
rascobo
Now, if Admin. will kindly delete this post, I've suffered enough humiliation for one day.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 14 2010, 07:47 PM) *

...Freight would be from Cali.

Pack them in coffee beans or they won't make it through customs...
rascobo
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 14 2010, 04:47 PM) *

I will look in our stock and see if we have "good to go" CV axles. I will check my personal stock and see if I have "good to go" CVs. Freight would be from Cali. I thought I might have a new one with both ends.

Thanks, it's much appreciated. PM me with your findings.
rascobo
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 14 2010, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 14 2010, 07:47 PM) *

...Freight would be from Cali.

Pack them in coffee beans or they won't make it through customs...

av-943.gif

Thanks, I needed that.
rascobo
Please see new post:

'My teeners gone lame II'
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(rascobo @ Apr 14 2010, 10:43 PM) *

Please see new post:
'My teeners gone lame II'

Link for those who don't want to go searching...
MTGL-II
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.