Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI replacement spade connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
Does anyone know where to get some replacements for our tiny dJet connectors? I did some googling with no luck. I'm looking for the female ends to patch some bad wiring, just need the metal pieces.
type47
I found some of the small female spade connectors at a specialty electronics store and Radio Shack.
McMark
confused24.gif Special multi-pin connectors? Or just normal spades?
blitZ
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 14 2010, 08:22 PM) *

confused24.gif Special multi-pin connectors? Or just normal spades?

The small ones which go to every dJet connection. I just want some fresh metal pieces when I repair some wiring and slide back into the plastic holders.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(blitZ @ Apr 14 2010, 05:19 PM) *

Does anyone know where to get some replacements for our tiny dJet connectors? I did some googling with no luck. I'm looking for the female ends to patch some bad wiring, just need the metal pieces.

the usual suspects always have them.
Tom_T
agree.gif

... &/or try Jeff Bowlsby, as he gets them for his harness restorations somewhere!
Dave_Darling
Rat Shack and possibly Worldpack distributors will have 1/8" barbed female spade connectors. Those are used in the injector plugs, the plug for the throttle switch, and a number of others.

Well, actually 3mm connectors are used. 1/8" is close but not quite perfect. I think I did get some 3mm ones at a different specialty place whose name now escapes me...

The 4-pin connector at the relay board uses 6mm barbed female spade connectors. I got some of those from VDO in a wiring kit or some such. You can get 1/4" ones (close to 6mm but not exact) at Rat Shack and other places.

--DD
MrKona
You could try Vehicle Wiring Products in the UK.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-...oninsblades.php

I've ordered from them before. They have a great selection of metric components and shipping was only about $10 from the UK, pretty fast too.

Tom
rallylights.com 2.8 mm receptacle pt# HJ87271 box of 50 @ $14.00.
Susquehanna MotorSports
Tom
blitZ
Good suggestions, I'll try Fry's and the Rat Shack. I was hoping to find some with the little metal strip to clip it back into the socket.

Thanks
Tom
These do have the clip in back. The last time I ordered, they were on back order from Germany. The FI harness also uses other sizes. I got a few of all of the ones they carry to make sure I had some spares.
Tom
blitZ
QUOTE(Tom @ Apr 15 2010, 01:27 PM) *

These do have the clip in back. The last time I ordered, they were on back order from Germany. The FI harness also uses other sizes. I got a few of all of the ones they carry to make sure I had some spares.
Tom

I see them, just what I need, thanks...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.