Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who or where do I find this Info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
dempwolf@pctribe.com
I need to know where I can find difinitive information on the '72 factory 914-6 I am wainting for a call from Porsche of America but would like independent confirmation from somewhere that tells the now worried buyer of my 914 that in 1971 or 1972 Porsche moved the ignition key to the steering collumn. As some of you know I am in the process of selling my '72 factory 914-6 and the buyer has noticed this inconsistancy with the prvious origianl 916-6 cars. Can you help. Even sending a picture of your '72 6 would be a great help. Would you also please send information or pix to my e-mail address so that I can forward it to the worried buyer. Thanks Karl
e-mail address dempwolf@pacbell.net
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dempwolf@pctribe.com @ Apr 15 2010, 10:04 AM) *

I need to know where I can find difinitive information on the '72 factory 914-6 I am wainting for a call from Porsche of America but would like independent confirmation from somewhere that tells the now worried buyer of my 914 that in 1971 or 1972 Porsche moved the ignition key to the steering collumn. As some of you know I am in the process of selling my '72 factory 914-6 and the buyer has noticed this inconsistancy with the prvious origianl 916-6 cars. Can you help. Even sending a picture of your '72 6 would be a great help. Would you also please send information or pix to my e-mail address so that I can forward it to the worried buyer. Thanks Karl
e-mail address dempwolf@pacbell.net

What? A six cylinder 914 with the ignition switch on the steering column? Must be a fake. Why are you asking this question on this forum? You know the answer and know who knows best.
Gustl
914 and 914-6 PORSCHE
A Restorer's Guide to Authenticity
(by Dr. B. Johnson)

page 67, last paragraph at the right hand lower corner

beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Gustl @ Apr 15 2010, 01:02 PM) *

914 and 914-6 PORSCHE
A Restorer's Guide to Authenticity
(by Dr. B. Johnson)

page 67, last paragraph at the right hand lower corner

beerchug.gif

we worry about the guy blindly buying a six and not even knowing that the 72 models were different.
dave29
Dr914....what kind of an answer is that? Someone asks for help and you come off sounding like s jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lavanaut
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 15 2010, 01:04 PM) *
we worry about the guy blindly buying a six and not even knowing that the 72 models were different.

You said a mouthful there George, yikes. wacko.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dave29 @ Apr 15 2010, 01:34 PM) *

Dr914....what kind of an answer is that? Someone asks for help and you come off sounding like s jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Dave. Karl and I have been having an off line chat about this car for awhile now and also all day today. He thinks that he has the car sold to a Frenchman who doubts its authenticity!!!!! Karl is going to have the guy write me in French so I can address his concerns. My posting was a humorous one, as all of you guys know by now I would never post a harmful comment about anyone or anything! Always assume that when you read my posts.

What you should have said is: Dr. 914 what the h..l do you mean by that??
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Apr 15 2010, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 15 2010, 01:04 PM) *

You said a mouthful there George, yikes. wacko.gif

The French are always skeptical, and the fact that he questions why a 72 six has a steering column mounted switch tells us he knows nothing about six cylinders and maybe should do some research before making an offer on Karl's car and questioning his integrity. The car is a buy and as we all know EXTREMELY rare!
dave29
No problem. I'll remember for the future.
Best
dave29
Pat Garvey
Even as ignorant as I am, I thought everyone knew of this change!
Pat
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 15 2010, 06:10 PM) *

Pat

I would consider myself blessed if you become a moderator on the club site as well but not to put down the poor people who think that a rear update kit is some kind of factory accessory and ban them!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 15 2010, 07:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 15 2010, 06:10 PM) *

Pat

I would consider myself blessed if you become a moderator on the club site as well but not to put down the poor people who think that a rear update kit is some kind of factory accessory and ban them!

PM me George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.