Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head Sensor & Temperature Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericread
My 74 2.0L car is exhibiting all the symptoms of a faulty head sensor. I have one in stock, I just don't know where it goes. So exactly where is this located? I just can't seem to find the exact location.

Additionally, a wire broke that went to the Head Temp Switch, which is identified on the Porsche PET as part # 311-906-161-C. This sits just aft of the distributor and is attached via a support (pn# 039-113-285-cool.gif. So what is the purpose of this temperature switch?

My thanks.
ericread
Never mind. I got the answer from George over at the club site.

My thanks.

Eric
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 15 2010, 11:03 AM) *

My thanks.

Eric

And I was just about to post it here! The club e mail came before the world e mail and I was taking them in order! NO prejudice here!!!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 15 2010, 10:57 AM) *

My 74 2.0L car is exhibiting all the symptoms of a faulty head sensor. I have one in stock, I just don't know where it goes. So exactly where is this located? I just can't seem to find the exact location.

Additionally, a wire broke that went to the Head Temp Switch, which is identified on the Porsche PET as part # 311-906-161-C. This sits just aft of the distributor and is attached via a support (pn# 039-113-285-cool.gif. So what is the purpose of this temperature switch?

My thanks.

And what would those symptoms be?

The Cap'n
TheCabinetmaker
Ah, the cross posting begins (again).
ericread
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 15 2010, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 15 2010, 10:57 AM) *

My thanks.

And what would those symptoms be?

The Cap'n

The symptoms are pretty significant engine bucking after driving about five miles. BTW: This just started earlier this week, after I drove without any difficulty form SoCal to Las Vegas). What confuses me is that if I ground the CSV sensor (that sits just aft of the distributor, the bucking is still there, but much reduced.

So any chance I have a Cold Start Valve circuit issue along with a CHT that is in need of replacement?

Eric
Tom_T
QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 15 2010, 11:03 AM) *

My thanks.

Eric

Well Eric, post the link to the answer on the 914club site here, so the rest of us can find it for future reference!
Thanx! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.