Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ride Heigth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biker bob
I have a stock 72 with 195 X 15's. How high should the front and rear be off the ground? Where on the car do I take the measurements? Mine seems high in the front. Thanks Bob
PeeGreen 914
There is no real answer to this question unless you tell us what you want.

Is this for a track car, autocross, street, stock.....? What kind of stuff have you done to the suspension?
r_towle
unless you have adjustable rear perches on your springs, you cannot adjust the rear.
On the front the ride height is adjusted by using the adjuster on the rear of the torsion bar.
You also measure the distance from the ground to the centerline of the adjuster...
If you look in the haynes manual it gives you a good drawing and calculation.

How I do it is simpler.
I calculate the height I want, then I cut a small piece of wood (cause I cant see a tape measure under my car) and the piece of wood is cut to fit under the adjuster...so you need to do some math.

With the car on the ground, I can reach under and turn the bolt...then slide my little measuring stick in there to verify I am all set.

Rich
SLITS
Stock stance is the front higher so that all the luggage you load into the front brings it down. See Haynes Manual for stock height settings.
biker bob
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 15 2010, 03:28 PM) *

There is no real answer to this question unless you tell us what you want.

Is this for a track car, autocross, street, stock.....? What kind of stuff have you done to the suspension?

This is a street car. The front end is good and tight. The rear shocks were leaking and I replaced them with Bilstines with the original springs. No other modifications. Thanks Bob
ChrisFoley
Check the height of the lower edge of the body relative to the center of the wheels.
Stock height has the bottom body line close to the top of the center cap openings.
I don't recommend going below the bottom of the center cap openings without special modifications to the suspension.
biker bob
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 15 2010, 07:48 PM) *

Check the height of the lower edge of the body relative to the center of the wheels.
Stock height has the bottom body line close to the top of the center cap openings.
I don't recommend going below the bottom of the center cap openings without special modifications to the suspension.

Thanks for all the help. Should have looked in the Haynes manual before asking the question. Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.