Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T-Shirt Decision
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
biosurfer1
Mark contacted me, after getting the T-shirt quote, to crunch the numbers and see if we can swing the color shirts. They are $22 each. Here is what I came up with:

Assuming only registered members get a shirt/nametag/dinner and guests get dinner only, we have 37 registered members and 24 guests. Each registered member will cost us $40 ($10 dinner, $8 nametag, $22 shirt) and each guests costs us $10 (dinner only).

So...

37x40=$1480
24x10=$240
Total $1720

We currently have $1990.66 in the war chest, so that leaves us with $270.66. We still need to figure out costs for trophies and other misc. stuff. Anyone who signs up from now on will be more than covered since they pay extra now.

So colored shirts are ok with everyone??
ConeDodger
I had been given a rough estimate of $20/mug if we ordered 30. She will throw in the second side with award info with that order. The thinking here is that we can sell the 20+ regular mugs with 914 logo to finance the other 5+. I am having trouble getting her to call me back for anything more firm.
Rob
ConeDodger
Mark,
Check with Ken Schipper. He had some t-shirt source he wanted to refer us to and said they were quite cheap with referal from him or his wife.
McMark
I've contacted Ken a couple time and haven't gotten a final answer from him. I'd like to finalize the shirt this week. Announce the shirts and offer ordering for those not attending. And place the order Tues 27th.

If we get stuck on the mugs, I can cut vinyl and blast the mugs like I did for my other event. That'll only cost us $5 each for the mugs.
McMark
These mugs are $10 for two at CostPlus.

IPB Image
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 15 2010, 02:16 PM) *

These mugs are $10 for two at CostPlus.

IPB Image

Much better. I say let's go that way. Then we can do as many as we want. We can even do it the day of the Limo thing...
McMark
Yup, plus we can make them say anything we want.
ConeDodger
Agreed then...

I ran the t-shirt design past Yopu's t-shirt place too... I may hear back from them as soon as tomorrow. She just asked if her t-shirt got admin approval too? I told her I wasn't even sure you got it yet.
McMark
Rob, I'm inclined to go with your local person because it's cheaper and will be much easier to deal with in terms of making payments and picking up the finished products. I've posted a thread to offer additional ordering of shirts beyond WCR attendees.

I'd like to get the order placed next week so there are no problems with the shirts getting printed in time.
ConeDodger
I spoke with SVR's t-shirt supplier this morning. Apparently they all took yesterday off.

The art is scalable. I told them 3.5" wide on the front left breast pocket logo. They suggest 11" wide on the back event logo.

I gave Mark the estimate for 50 or 100 and this was the best so far. I believe it was $655 for 50 and almost $1100 for 100.

She would like this order ASAP so we need to get everyones t-shirt size and figure out what we want on the rest.

Mark and I discussed Brett dealing directly with them or Brett can strike me a check from the event funds to cover the t-shirts. Either way, they don't start a job until they are paid for it.

For Mark only: Oh by the way, I also spoke with Yopu's t-shirt person. She tells me that Yopu said 10" and she agreed that this was best. She says the reason the t-shirt came out like that was because they were XXL. The logo would look fine in her mind on anything in the M - XL range but too big on a small and too small on an XXL. I will probably just have her make 50 of them in the M - XL range and then switch to the other logo as we discussed.
McMark
Sounds good on all fronts (including the For Mark Only). Can someone start PMing the signed up members to get shirt sizes please. Here is the current list.

biosurfer1
Elliot Cannon
jim_hoyland
Rand
jimtab
strawman
Michael N
Shade Tree
montoya 73 2.0
RoadGlue
Dr Evil
Millerwelds
jcd914
computers4kids
VegasRacer
Racer Chris
jeeperjohn56
DNHunt
Jakeodoule
JRust
/L.
proto31
McMark
ScooterD
Justinp71
ConeDodger
kenschipper
kg6dxn
mikey
mightyohm
SirAndy
Marty Yeoman
Rico Suave
Andyrew
merrill
Mikey914
Joe Sharp
Eric_Shea
roadster fan
biosurfer1
Rob,

It's probably just easier for me to give you the cash. Right now the money is just sitting in the paypal account and it will take a couple business days for it to transfer to my account.
If you let me know what the exact amount for the shirts are, I can start the transfer. I am holding off transferring the rest until the last minute for any late registration that way I don't have dozens of transfers.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 22 2010, 10:20 AM) *

Rob,

It's probably just easier for me to give you the cash. Right now the money is just sitting in the paypal account and it will take a couple business days for it to transfer to my account.
If you let me know what the exact amount for the shirts are, I can start the transfer. I am holding off transferring the rest until the last minute for any late registration that way I don't have dozens of transfers.

Brett,
That is fine. We don't know which amount to with yet so I will let you know. We have to get our members sizes, non-participant and extra orders, and our organizer sizes together so we know numbers.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 22 2010, 09:38 AM) *

Sounds good on all fronts (including the For Mark Only). Can someone start PMing the signed up members to get shirt sizes please. Here is the current list.

biosurfer1
Elliot Cannon
jim_hoyland
Rand
jimtab
strawman
Michael N
Shade Tree
montoya 73 2.0
RoadGlue
Dr Evil
Millerwelds
jcd914
computers4kids
VegasRacer
Racer Chris
jeeperjohn56
DNHunt
Jakeodoule
JRust
/L.
proto31
McMark
ScooterD
Justinp71
ConeDodger
kenschipper
kg6dxn
mikey
mightyohm
SirAndy
Marty Yeoman
Rico Suave
Andyrew
merrill
Mikey914
Joe Sharp
Eric_Shea
roadster fan

This has been done by me... Sizes are pouring in. blink.gif

ConeDodger
I also need to know the sizes of the following disorganizers.

Conedodger
McMark
Biosurfer1
RoadGlue
jcd914

Have we decided how much we as organizers need to pay for t-shirts? I know we decided we needed to pay for them but at what cost?
biosurfer1
I need an XL, unless I decide to start training for a marathon in the next month...so XL it is:)
biosurfer1
Just got one more registration...Rick Evans. Not sure what his screen name is
ConeDodger
We need to get a tally of how many non-participant shirts in what sizes and get their money collected. Anyone want to volunteer for that???
RoadGlue
Back from my cruise, here again! Are we still in a position to offer shirts to non-participants? If so, I'll try to get a tally.
ConeDodger
Randy,
I got the tally. We are at about 70 shirts +-. Almost half are non-participant. Interesting to those of us who are science minded, 90+ percent of the shirts larger than XL came from non-participants. We could factor this into how much food Andy needs to plan on for the BBQ! biggrin.gif We might also extrapolate as to why their 914's don't run... Oh wait! I am the only one getting an XXL amongst the registered participants!!!

Mark and I had a private email session and I want to bring you guys up to speed. We analyzed buying the remaining 30 shirts to get to the 100 shirt price. We decided against since it only saves us about 60 bucks. We also decided that since Brett is a bit nervous about our budget to go with the $25 delivered price and $20 picked up at the event. I am not quite sure what to do with multiple orders as they might cost more and though it isn't fair to charge someone $15 to ship three, it might also cost us more than $5.

I have not heard back from Jim Dupree about t-shirt size and although it is possible he is up to his neck at work I am a bit worried about him I also have not heard back from someone named Roadster fan. I can guess that Jim would be an XL and go with that but I have no idea on Roadster fan.
biosurfer1
If we use those flat rate boxes from USPS, we should be able to get 2 shirts in the smallest box pretty easy and three in the next size up.

I would think $5 for one and $7.50 for up to three shirts should be fine. Nice part about those flat rate boxes is you can grab a bunch to take home and they don't need any tape (built in).

I'll be picking mine up in Tahoe in my 914...even if I have to push my 914 up there.
ConeDodger
extra t-shirt orders have been invoiced. At least two people have contacted me to tell me they have paid so Brett should see money coming in...
jcd914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 27 2010, 10:45 AM) *

I have not heard back from Jim Dupree about t-shirt size and although it is possible he is up to his neck at work I am a bit worried about him I also have not heard back from someone named Roadster fan. I can guess that Jim would be an XL and go with that but I have no idea on Roadster fan.

Actually I was up to my neck in NOT work !
I've been out in the forest camping since last Thursday, no computers, cell phones, no nothing we did not bring with us.

I need a XXL for shirt size and if it is not too late I would like to order an extra XXL and a Med, I can give Rob the cash directly or transfer money into my PayPal and send it to Brett or what ever.

Jim
biosurfer1
Rob,

jeeperjohn added $5 to his paypal and asked if he could change his order to a XXXL instead of a XXL.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 29 2010, 05:49 AM) *

Rob,

jeeperjohn added $5 to his paypal and asked if he could change his order to a XXXL instead of a XXL.

Noted and handled... Thanks...
biosurfer1
By the way...here is a list of people I have received monies from to date:

Garold Shaffer- Garold Shaffer
Jamie Rust- JRust
Andy Thonet- Socalandy
Steve Frankiewich- zx-niner
John Garaventa
Bryan Miller- T Collins
William Lutman- QA1142
Peter Beringer- VYSOC
franklyn berry
John Cardenas- jeeperjohn
Morgan Stein- mstein95
Mark Britell
Tom Cloud- Flat4tom
Walter Wright- TurboWalt
Drew Montoya- montoya 73 2.0
ConeDodger
Drives me crazy! I wish I knew screen names to go along with their real name!!!

Brett, Can you call the hotel and make sure we still have the roof of the ramp?

Mark, I need the original art. I know I sent it to you but I have had a computer crash and burn and bought a net book for work. So my copy of the original art file is gone. The t-shirt place is asking for the original art file for front and back.

I hope we got game man... we now have 66 people coming to our party when you count the +1 and 2's. blink.gif
biosurfer1
Sorry Rob...a couple put their screen name but not all. When I get a minute, I'll try to add their SN to the list.

I'll call the hotel today and make sure they are still ok. Its not like they can not allow us to park together but hopefully they will block off a section for only us.
biosurfer1
Just heard from Rob about the T-Shirts so I will head over and pay for them so they get started.

The total is $902.26...I will update the treasurer thread with the new total.
biosurfer1
I am getting a couple last minute registrations...what do we want to do about their t-shirts??

I was thinking getting their sizes and maybe shipping them out after the event? Maybe we can add a couple to the order still?

Not sure what to tell them...

FYI, Bruce Stone PM'ed me a while ago stating he was trying clear the weekend to be able to come and he finally was able to. He asked if he could have the original registration cost since he was contributing SWAG and I said that was fine....hope that was ok with everyone.

We should tell future planners that making the cost increase as the event gets closer is a great idea, really helps give a cushion.
ConeDodger
Bruce and I talked by phone. He is contributing swag and doing a pedal rebuild class... No problem from my point of view.

I agree. T-shirt gets shipped later to late registrants. That is what the $10 is for...
ConeDodger
Ahhh, another little disaster. The t-shirt lady says no way until Friday will she be done with the t-shirts. I have a PM in to Geoff Straw to see if his wife who he said in a thread was coming up Friday after their daughter gets out of school can pick them up and bring them up with her... They live in Davis, so this is semi-almost sort of on their way.
biosurfer1
Rob...my dad is coming up Friday and so is Justin...I think either could probably pick them up.

She told me no problem last week!?!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 10 2010, 06:00 PM) *

Rob...my dad is coming up Friday and so is Justin...I think either could probably pick them up.

She told me no problem last week!?!

Perfect... Can you guide them in to the t-shirt shop?
biosurfer1
yep...no problem. I will talk with my dad since it would be quite out of the way for Justin.
ConeDodger
Thanks... I have little disasters popping up all over. I am supposed to go help Mark make awards today but I am having a problem with the distributor on my 914. Jim is dropping off another distributor this morning.

I will let Geoff know we have it covered.
ConeDodger
Brett,
I believe the name tags will be ready for pickup today. Let's go up there with at least something to keep the animals from attacking. Can you drop in and pick them up?

I have offered Gopack free registration if he will pick up the t-shirts. He isn't coming up until Saturday morning but that is the best I can do. I haven't heard back from Geoff Straw after asking and then telling him we didn't need him. If anyone knows of anybody coming up Friday and passing up the 80 Eastbound corridor fess up! This place is 300 yards from Brett's workplace but they will not be done until Friday.
biosurfer1
I should be able to stop by today and pick them up. I'm actually not in the office today but I should be back in the area before 5...if not, I will pick them up tomorrow morning before meeting with the caravan.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 12 2010, 10:10 AM) *

I should be able to stop by today and pick them up. I'm actually not in the office today but I should be back in the area before 5...if not, I will pick them up tomorrow morning before meeting with the caravan.

Brett, Thx...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.