Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guage Rebuilding Service?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
casey944
I would like to have the innards of my odometer fixed... I dont want a new guage or a guage that looks like new. I simply want my odometer fixed. I read the DIY over on Pelican but i fear I would completely destroy my guage. I searched but didnt find a service or a person. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Casey
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(casey944 @ Apr 15 2010, 03:16 PM) *

I would like to have the innards of my odometer fixed... I dont want a new guage or a guage that looks like new. I simply want my odometer fixed. I read the DIY over on Pelican but i fear I would completely destroy my guage. I searched but didnt find a service or a person. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Casey

Always hartmut at palo alto. They are the best.
casey944
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 15 2010, 06:22 PM) *

QUOTE(casey944 @ Apr 15 2010, 03:16 PM) *

Thanks!

Casey

Always hartmut at palo alto. They are the best.

Thanks George!
McMark
I'm in deciphering 'George-speak' correct, I guess that's a guy's name who works at Palo Alto Speedometer. confused24.gif
casey944
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 15 2010, 09:01 PM) *

I'm in deciphering 'George-speak' correct, I guess that's a guy's name who works at Palo Alto Speedometer. confused24.gif

yeah it is, talked to them this afternoon... they are apparently backed up and i would be w/o my speedo for ~3 weeks... not sure what to do at this point.
flipb
New Vintage USA is a member vendor here (Marks914) and they gave me a very reasonable quote to rebuild my speedometer for exactly the same reason.

I haven't taken them up on it yet, but people seem to like their work.
JRust
just pick up a used one & send it off. Or find a used one that works & go with that. I have a few should the need arise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.