Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay centerline wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TimMartin
anyone know what these wheels are actually worth?

Ebay Centerline wheels

IPB Image
URY914
WARNING!!!

I don't think those are REAL Centerline wheels. Those look like one piece, cast aluminum wheels made for the Bug crowd. Check out Hot VW magazine ads for the same thing.

Real Centerline Wheels are three piece with forged aluminum rim halfs. Go to the Centerline website to compare to those. They run about $180 new each!.

I could be wrong but don't think so,

Paul
nebreitling
those do look a little "different"

n
DuckRyder
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 31 2004, 09:11 PM)
WARNING!!!

I don't think those are REAL Centerline wheels.

agree.gif
URY914
Those little rivets tits really don't do much on a one piece wheel. wink.gif
Like to see the inside of those.
SirAndy
i sold my real centerlines for $100 a piece with the tires still on them.
i had 225 x 7 x 14 ...

they guy put them on his bug smile.gif

from what i have heard, people think they're not all that great for our cars as their main purpose is for drag racing applications.
supposedly, they break much easier under heavy cornering than cast alloy or forged alloy.

Andy
Mueller
zero flow for air to help cool the brakes..........they are designed for "straight" ahead applications, not cornering loads.....offset is normally not 914 friendly....
SirAndy
here's what they looked like on my car ...

again, those were 7" x 14 with 225 tires:

IPB Image

IPB Image
majkos
Heads up! Just recieve a e-mail from the guy selling thoses "Centerline" He says they're "Regular" Centerlines , that came on his 914.
My question,where to look for the I.D.?
Does Centerlines stamp their product?
I've always liked the look of 'em and at same time toying an idea for track use.Please any info on this subject will be greatly appreciated!
Kevin
Howard
Using them with good results. No venting for sure, but no brake dust either. That's a good deal @$200 or so. These are 15x8.5 4x130. I think PO found deal and flared fenders to fit.
majkos
Beautiful! wub.gif
Malmz
I believe they are real Centerlines, they look just like the ones I had on my old car. Centerline made more then one style, both one piece and two or three piece. The steel centering ring pressed into the center of the wheel is stamped "Centerline" or something similar.

IPB Image

I like the look of them, don't necessarily agree that they are week under cornering loads because they are a solid wheel, but do understand the potential for cooling issues.

sm
John Kelly
Centerlines are extremely tough! They will bend before they break. I've seen several that were badly bent but had no cracks. Some of them have centerline stamped on them, some don't. The only problem I've ever had with them is that you have to reseal the seam between the halves occaisionally. I've used them since the early '80s.

If you are not going to bid on them, I might. I like putting VW hubcaps with a VW horn button on them. See picture...15x8s and 13x6s:

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
TimMartin
yeah, he updated the auction with this info:

"I have been asked a couple of times. YES, these are Genuine Centerline Wheels. Part number on the back is 055553-451 from Centerline. They are Satin finish, 3&5/16" rear spacing, with a 4X130mm bolt pattern."
serge914
Look at this car, also on Ebay, with centerlines
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2469882677.
Realy smooth looking
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(serge914 @ Apr 1 2004, 08:20 PM)
Look at this car, also on Ebay, with centerlines
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2469882677.
Realy smooth looking

we saw that car... it was mentioned here before...

I think the person with the spraygun should be shot! they were WAY over zealous!

I personally think centerlines look great!
DuckRyder
Well I'll be dambed, I would have bet money those were fake, but that number is still on centerlines website.

It is an autodrag "street" wheel.

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheels_fit...ze=i_15%20x%207

145 at summit (151 polished)
majkos
The Pro's and Con's are in,I'm definely interested in them smilie_pokal.gif I like 'em 'cause they match my custom Alum Rockers I've had made for me,many,many moons ago.Doesn't hurt,the facts they're lite. Low Carb? <_<
TimMartin
looks like we both lost to someone else. oh well.

i'm looking for something cheap anyway...

.tim
majkos
mad.gif Dang! mad.gif Oh well it was getting a little pricey! And yet to figure the shipping cost! However I do kick myself for not" buying it now" Didn't get my bonus money yet! wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.