Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: morphs speakers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeeperjohn56
Just wanted to know how Morphs 6.5 blauplunkt speakers and grills are? Do you need a amp with these? and are they find with all cd & mp3 players? is there a certain player best for our 914's. Is there a favorite place in the Bay area or east Bay to go to? Thanks John
McMark
John, I moved your thread to the garage. wink.gif

I order most of my stereo equipment to Sonic Electronix.

An amp is always a good idea if you can find a place to put it that you like. If you're thinking of adding a footwell subwoofer, you can go with a four channel amp. With that you'll use 1 channel for left, 1 channel for right, and the last two get paired (technically it's called bridged) to run the subwoofer.

The head unit (which is the true name for what most people call the stereo) is mostly a matter of looks. If you look around, you will find opinions of all sorts regarding which head units are best. But, IMHO, the bottom line is that the signal output from all head units is roughly the same, so buy your unit based on how it looks and features such as iPod connectivity, Bluetooth, etc. Ignore things that involve numbers because they're mostly salesman-speak (like 50Wx4 for example).

Root_Werks
+5 for the Morph speaker pods and speakers! smilie_pokal.gif

That's how many I have installed, love them. HUGE improvement over what the stock ones can produce.
tat2dphreak
An amp is always a good idea if you can find a place to put it that you like. If you're thinking of adding a footwell subwoofer, you can go with a four channel amp. With that you'll use 1 channel for left, 1 channel for right, and the last two get paired (technically it's called bridged) to run the subwoofer.

you don't have to bridge them, you can use a dual coil sub wink.gif

QFT on the head unit, too... some are less user-friendly than others, too... I had a JVC in the past that I loathed. it was the most convoluted mess to try and operate while you were driving. the wattage is particularly ignored if you are going to use an amp with it.

messix
i bought them and blew the speakers ..... well i was running a old school rockford amp and i like it loud.
i also have one of morph's foot well sub box with an 8" in it and i kicks good. you can clearly here the music and bass at freeway speeds.
Jeffs9146
John, I have a pair of the pods without the speakers if you want to see them in person!
underthetire
You can come over tomorrow and listen to my ear bleeding system if you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.