Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another tire question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dwillouby
I am currently running 205-40-16s on 7 inch Fuchs on the rear. I want to change to 225-45-16. Do you think I will have any issues with fitment? This is a non flaired car.
Thanks
david
underthetire
QUOTE(dwillouby @ Apr 16 2010, 05:46 AM) *

I am currently running 205-40-16s on 7 inch Fuchs on the rear. I want to change to 225-45-16. Do you think I will have any issues with fitment? This is a non flaired car.
Thanks
david

Yes, er, maybe. you will be .787 wider than what you have now, so just over 3/4 inch. Got a tape measure?
drgchapman
According to most guys on here......No Problem!
I don't think they'll fit without some fender pulling and cambering.
Dave_Darling
If they do fit, consider yourself the luckiest narrow-body 914 owner around. Or look hard to see if someone has pulled the rear fenders out a ways.

--DD
dwillouby
Thanks for the replies. i dont think the fenders have been pulled . The lips have been trimed back. May buy 1 tire and check?

David
Dave_Darling
If you do that, check it on both rear fenders. When mounted on a wheel the same width and offset as whatever you will be using on the rear of the car. Usually, one rear fender has less space under it than the other, and it's not always the same one from car to car....

--DD
ahdoman
When I had my 7 x 16 Fuchs with 225's I had to pull the rear fenders. Even if they've been trimmed they didn't fit. Also, I believe there are 2 different 7 x 16 Fuch offsets?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.