Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reinstalling early window channels / guides
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
narino
A couple questions on reinstalling windows on a 72.

1. The first photo shows a plastic "guide" that is glued to the rear portion of the glass. My problem is, my car has a rubber piece in the metal channel this piece rides in. In this photo there is no rubber piece. Which is correct?

2. Same question but for the front window channel guide. Do the roller pins ride inside a rubber gasket there as well? (item number 17 i've circled). My car doesn't have one, so wondering if I was missing them, or whether it might be what the factory started doing with the later cars.

I've found enough things on this car that have been put on backwards that I rather run this by you guys prior to reinstalling. Plus as it's a late '72 it has both early and late characteristics.

thanks in advance. beer.gif

she's starting to look like a real car! biggrin.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
rick 918-S
Yep, I'm sure you will need the glass run channel. I'm not sure where to get them. Maybe mikey914 (Mark) or George AA?

EDIT: I stand corrected by George. I have a 72 but mist have the 73 channels because I have the felt runners in my doors.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no channel gaskets on a 72. front of the glass has a metal bar glued to it with four pins that mount four rollers. Rear has a metal plastic guide glued to the bottom corner. That is it. Runs in the metal channels.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you will need to reglue the that guide in the picture to the bottom corner of your glass
narino
Got it, thanks guys!
Mikey914
You might be interested in these. I'm starting a new thread now.
Beats $8 each OEM
Gint
I still have the original doors from my /6 intact in the shed. Let me know if you need some pics or anything. I'm going to have to dig them out one of these days anyway.
narino
hey sorry to bump this old thread, but what glue did you guys use to reattach the window guide? rearview mirror glue work?

thanks.

beer.gif
wcballance
QUOTE(narino @ May 20 2010, 08:41 PM) *

hey sorry to bump this old thread, but what glue did you guys use to reattach the window guide? rearview mirror glue work?

thanks.

beer.gif

I used a 4-Minute Multi-Metal Epoxy by Permatex (check your local Advanced Auto Parts) to mate the metal piece with rubber in it back to the window. I used lithium grease to lubricate the rollers and track and it rolls up and down smoothly. Now if I could just figure out how to get the window aligned so that when the door is shut and the window is rolled up that it will ride outside of the seals. Right now I have to roll the window up with the door ajar, but it least it goes up without resistance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.