Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puget sound Area Breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimW
Join me Saturday April 24 At the Quarter Chute Cafe chowtime.gif located at the main gate just north of the Emerald Downs Grandstand Auburn WA For breakfast at 9:14 am. Follow this link For driving.gif directions: http://www.emeralddowns.com/default.asp?cat=8&id=107

I wiil reserve a parking area for 914's

After Breakfast I have Reserved the tent in the park area for us to enjoy a day of Thoroughbred racing. Post time 1:00 PM.

Please let me know if you (and Guests) plan on attending the races so I get enough tickets

Jim
Bleyseng
Wow Jim sounds like a fun day at the races. Should we bring wives and or girlfriends along too?

smilie_pokal.gif

Geoff
jones
Sounds great Jim smilie_pokal.gif !!! I will be there mueba.gif !!!
JimW
[QUOTE]

Bring a friend , smlove2.gif I will need to get a number of people planing on attending the races so I can arrange for addmision tickets (tickets are not needed for the Quarter chute cafe)

jim
ablose58
Right on bud! I'll be there chowtime.gif I'll get back to you on how many are coming with me , maybe just the other half besides me. pray.gif smilie_pokal.gif
dinomium
do all guests have to arrive in a 914? I think that is fair... but I have more than one teener! (One would have to be towed, but hey) wink.gif
I think my wife would like to attend as well!
Thanks Jim, YOU RAWK!!!
Bleyseng
Dino, which one is your wife in your avatar? The one on the right or left?

Geoff
Rocky
Thanks for the great offer Jim, unfortunatly Ill be in Florida enjoying sun, hotties and Daytona. cool_shades.gif
Have fun.

Tim
JimW
I have been realy busy getting ready for opening Weekend Here at Emerald Downs, To answer some questions, all guests do not have to arrive in a 914. I need to know by Thursday how many people plan on attending the races so I can get enough (no charge) Admission tickets for the races (Kids 17 and under get in free) . Breakfast at the Quarter Chute Cafe (is run by contractors not Emerald Downs ) is located in the racing & commision office Building by the Main gate http://www.emdowns.com/default.asp?cat=5&id=119 and caters to the horesmen it is open to the public. The food and prices are good (self services).
Rusty
Does anyone in the Puget Sound area might happen to know what happened to my old 914? This was back in 1997.

It was an olympic blue, carbed 73 1.7. I sold it to an older gentleman who had a red 356 Super 1600 tucked away in his garage. He also had a freshly painted red/guards red 914 chassis under a clear tarp in his driveway.

I had purchased a 944, and this guy (probably retired) tried to talk me into joining the PCA.

The car had the Washington license plate "914".

Any info would be appreciated. I'm curious what happened to that car.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Bleyseng
I have seen that car! Been awhile but I always thought that it was the brother of DDs garage queen. I haven't seen at events although there was one this last weekend. Go look at the pics that Dave Hunt posted.
There are alot of 914's still in the Seattle area most of them drive. All the junkers, plant stands and driveway projects have rusted away now. I used to see lots of 914's parked or on blocks but not anymore.

Geoff ar15.gif

Jim W, I can't make this event as Monique is coming back on Thursday and I will have to walk the basset hound on Saturday.
Rusty
No... when I had it, it wasn't a garage queen. I used to tear ass up and down I-5, and used it for bar hopping. Many were the nights that I was grateful for that officer sticker, when I came throught the Fort Lewis gate... out raising hell all night, with no business behind the wheel. I used to be crazy back then. aktion035.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Rusty
Who edited my post?
reverie
lol Geoff that's my line!

Yeah Rusty that reference to the 356 wasn't there before.

Where in Puget Sound did the buyer live?

Some parts are pretty deep.. smile.gif
RustyWa
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 19 2004, 05:18 AM)
I can't make this event as Monique is coming back on Thursday and I will have to walk the basset hound on Saturday.

That's cold! laugh.gif

I more than likely won't be making this one. I'm hoping to be painting my engine bay that weekend. That's if my air compressor ever arrives..... mad.gif
Bleyseng
I just picked up one from FLAPS, a 2hp 4 Gal contractor style for $79. I can't even get my old one repaired for that cheap.
Geoff laugh.gif
rhodyguy
i will be showing up for breakfast jim. can't stay for the races.

kevin
morph
I'll be there, no 914.
DNHunt
I'll be coming and I'll have my 10 year old daughter with me. We'll probably stay for a couple of races. Should be lots of fun.

Dave
reverie
I'll be there with my 914, but can't stay for the races.

I owe Kevin some pancakes, and a side order of the seared animal flesh and artificial preservatives on which he thrives.

smile.gif
ablose58
I'll be there for breakfast but I can't stay for the races cause I have to cut gobs of stainless up for bracket fab. project! AL wavey.gif
jones
I wont be able to drive the 914 to the meeting headbang.gif She is just not willing to start for me after many attempts of this and that.
I fried somthing and can't figure out just what went South as of yet. I switched back to my points changed relays, all the usual suspects to no avail. Oh well I will figure it out.
Thanks Geoff for your offer to come buy and take a look at it last Saturday and Al for your help moral support beerchug.gif
I ordered a new injection harness from Jeff today and can't wait to see it.
I will be there but not in 914 style sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.