Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early window replacement rollers - Delrin - Sign up for prebuy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
This is one of those items I've had on the back burner for a little while. These are Delrin rollers (instead of nylon) with a stainless "bearing".

The Delrn in a glass impregnated resin that is tougher than the nylon, and in theory should last longer. Instead of using the stamped nylon star washer like OEM, I machines a custom size washer to replace it.

Sold in sets of 8 for $19.99 + shipping ($5 priority mail). I have a few other items that are coming out too, so they could be combined.

Sign up now these will start shipping lat next week, after May 10th they'll be $25 a set.
914four
What is the year cut off for early? I have a 74 that does not work well.

Kelvin
ConeDodger
In. Along with everything else I emailed to you the other day... biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Not 100% sure on the cut off with these. I was going to release with the rear door caps. The door caps are about 3 weeks out, but there was some mention on another thread, so I thought I'ld put this out there as they're 90% complete. We're taking another couple thousands off the inner hole as they were too tight on the production run. The prototype roller is rough compated to the finised paet as it was the initial part, the ones shipping are smooth, and not as rough as the picture.
Mikey914
QUOTE(PH1 @ Apr 16 2010, 09:47 PM) *

What is the year cut off for early? I have a 74 that does not work well.

Kelvin

I think 74 may be a but late for these, it's easy to check, just take the 2 screws off the top cap on the door and look down the track. The original ones were white.

ConeDodger
Hey wait a minute. I don't need early window rollers! I own a 75! Sorry Mark...
McMark
These rollers are for door that use the 'worm screw' window lift which is up through early 73, IIRC. Later doors have the 'geared' window lift.
Mikey914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 16 2010, 10:40 PM) *

Hey wait a minute. I don't need early window rollers! I own a 75! Sorry Mark...

Thanks anyhow.
recko911

Hey Mikey.. How about producing the later style rollers for the later model window regulator... those are almost impossible to find without having to buy a whole regulator.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(recko911 @ Apr 17 2010, 01:09 AM) *

Hey Mikey.. How about producing the later style rollers for the later model window regulator... those are almost impossible to find without having to buy a whole regulator.

agree.gif

-- Rob
Gint
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 16 2010, 09:45 PM) *
This is one of those items I've had on the back burner for a little while. These are Delrin rollers (instead of nylon) with a stainless "bearing".

The Delrn in a glass impregnated resin that is tougher than the nylon, and in theory should last longer. Instead of using the stamped nylon star washer like OEM, I machines a custom size washer to replace it.

Sold in sets of 8 for $19.99 + shipping ($5 priority mail). I have a few other items that are coming out too, so they could be combined.

Sign up now these will start shipping lat next week, after May 10th they'll be $25 a set.

I want a set of those Mark.

BTW I'll fix your sig so that text blurb is a link to your vendor thread.
I'm in for a bag full....1 set of 8 for me

Thx for all you do Mark......

I have late doors also....sooo

Ken
Mikey914
I'm on the late ones allready as I need them too.
dbu356
Micky.....sign me up

I'll take enough early window replacement rollers to refit both doors

Thanks

Dave
Eric_Shea
Late = Sign me up.
DBCooper
I need a set too.
maxwelj
I'd like a set, too

Thanks,
Jack
TravisNeff
In for a set.
daveyboybadion
Hi Mark, I'm in for a set. I will also send a PM...daveyboy
Mikey914
These are done and ready, I've got the late window bushing / rollers in production. I'm waiting for a new tool that's in on Monday to finish work on those. Also will have a new item to introduce, So, if you need these right now I can ship them, but if you can wait til Tuesday I'll have some more items you may want to include.
These are just the ones I packed this last hour.
Mikey914
These are available now. I'm sending PM's tonight. as well as-

- Delrin clutch cable pulleys $14.50 each
- Replacement bushings for the clutch cable (a NLA item) $4 in Stainless
- Heater pull levers (red or black) $8.65
- late door window bushings $9.50 for both

These items will be out in the next 2 days, but though it would be worth combining.

IronHillRestorations
No "snowflake" with the early rollers? My concern would be the stainless washers wearing on the aluminum channel.
plas76targa
Mike -
I would like a set of these early window rollers. Add me to the list. PM me for payment preference.

Do you have any of the jack straps left. i believe I put my name in for those but didn't follow closely after they were done.

thanks,
tradisrad
in on an early set...
Mikey914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 27 2010, 05:52 AM) *

No "snowflake" with the early rollers? My concern would be the stainless washers wearing on the aluminum channel.

True that the stainless is harder than the plastic snowflake washers, here's what I came up with from evaluating a few of these.

1- when you remove the rollers the snowflake is filled with all the crud that get's into the channel. The dirt trapped in the snowflake will act like sandpaper to the extent that it made more sense to make the stainless washers for the roller to ride on.

and

2- if the purpose of the "star" washer was to act like a spring to put tension on the roller and channel, it was not successful as upon dis-assembly the were compressed.

The wear on the aluminum should be no more that the washer as the edge of the stainless washer rides inside the Delrin roller. I f you were truly concerned a little lithium grease in the track would go a long way
watsonrx13
Please put me down for a set of the late window bushings.

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.