Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1970 914-6 FS Again Now $15,500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dbu356
FS 1970 914-6 $15,500
VIN 9140432432

3.0 L with Weber’s (original engine is included in sale)
Dual aux oil coolers up front
Steel flares
7&8x15 Fuchs
Side shifter Transmission (911 gear ratios)
911 front suspension (S brakes)
Front sway-bar
RS driver’s seat
Bilsteine shocks all around
Adjustable passenger seat
Autopower roll bar
GT Engine grill
GT Door Panels (not installed)
J West shifter
Battery relocated to rear trunk
All Gauges rebuilt by No Hollywood Speedo
In primer

This was my daily driver from 1987 thru 1998, since then it’s been in storage and had the body work done. I’ve made no progress on this project in the last several years and have another Porsche to devote my time to, so this one must go.

David
480 748 8631
dbutler9146@yahoo.com
Located in Scottsdale, AZ
dbu356
Pictures this time.....maybe
dbu356
More pictures
Cairo94507
That car seems familiar; was it ever in the San Ramon Valley? I had a 3.0 original Irish Green six with a very similar oil cooler set up. Good luck with the sale.
dbu356
Thanks
Lived/worked in the San Ramon Valley for 39 years (1964-2003). Much of the last at the Fire Station on Stone Valley Rd.
It's an effective oil cooler set-up...the only drawback is you lose the fog lights, but you save the trunk and the bumper.
Cairo94507
OK; then we know each other but it has been a while. Honest Bill's? I had the Irish Green '70 914-6 with the 3.0 CIS and then the '97 993 white coupe. I just saw Bill recently since I have a '71 914-6 now. Best wishes and good luck with your sale. Michael (cairo94507@yahoo.com)
dbu356
I remember it well, a very nice car. I saw HB in January, semi-retirement is treating him well. Tried to talk him into coming down to tune up my 6, but he thought the commute was a bit too far.

Have fun with your 6.

David
Cairo94507
Dave:
Nice to hear from you. I saw Bill and he is talking about moving to AZ; I guess he has family there. Boy do I wish he was still wrenching and had his shop. I would have loved for him to work on this car. Good luck with your projects. That would be a nice 914-6 for someone to complete.
Michael
dbu356
Sale pending.
dbu356
Buyer fell through. She is back up for sale.
oliveRH
Hi David,
email sent!
Thanks!
type47
Need engine bay pix!
DEC
....and trunks
dbu356
More pictures

Engine bay pictures to come
hep
Free bump for you just so I can reminisce.

Grammar school at Vista Grande, High school at Monte Vista, Father owned the BSA Triumph dealer where the clocktower stands in downtown Danville, Billy Ferrerra (Danville Fire Chief) was a family friend, My motorcycle road racing "career" was inspired by endless "laps" on Mt. diablo on my high school street bikes. Good times....
dbu356
Thanks for the bump......I was just in Danville 2 weeks ago for Big Bill's funeral (age 89). If you went to Monte Vista your younger than I by at least 4 years (although my first wife went there).
dbu356
Price reduction......what was $17,500 is now $15,500.
ChicagoPete
Hey Dave,

Your car has made it on to BringATrailer.com!!!

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/06/02/flared...-914-6-project/

Great looking car at a perfect price IMO. If I was in the market I would be all over it.

Peter
r_towle
What was the original color?
You state in the ad the car is in primer now. Do you have pictures of the current condition of the car?

Rich
DEC
it looks like black
dbu356
The car was originally Silver....painted anthracite by a previous owner.....now in gray primer.

All pictures were taken in April- June 2010.
racerbvd
QUOTE(dbu356 @ Jun 14 2010, 06:32 AM) *

The car was originally Silver....painted anthracite by a previous owner.....now in gray primer.

All pictures were taken in April- June 2010.

Are you oen to any trade??
Towarish
do you still have the car ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.