Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS Rocket Scientists
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Someone emailed me and asked who was doing MPSs. I pointed them to our 914 Products and Services... only to learn that you guys haven't posted ads there!

Y'all do a great service... so post it!

-Rusty smoke.gif
Jeroen
I thought Geoff (Bleyseng) did those???

cheers,

Jeroen
Rusty
I knew about Geoff... didn't remember if there was anyone else doing that kind of work, too. Sometimes my memory is like a sieve.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah I do fix them. I don't want it to be a business cuz I already got one that paids the bills and sucks up all my time. I do for people who email me and can wait while I fit it in to my schedule. Parts are made of Unobtainium so its on a parts available basis too.
Been talking to the two Brads about having a run of diaphrams made but thats $$$$ just to get it set up. Lately, all of the Brett rebuilts are with that soldered diaphram which is crap. If you guys are gonna want to stay OEM better locate a good backup cuz it looks like Djet will die in a few short years as cheap FI. Megasquirt is looking better and better.

The best way is for you to find a good unit and have it checked/calibrated by me, JeffB or Garyh. There are tons of them at swap meets but test one before you buy with a vacuum tester. Then have is tested by us.
Geoff
JeffBowlsby
My MPS service has two steps...and it is detailed on my wiring harness website, at the link in my signature below.

The first step is to evaluate the MPS for function. I test and document an MPS function to see if it works and what its calibration is. I can do this to either stock, untouched MPS units or ones that have been tampered with. If an MPS is not serviceable, then its junk.

While I dont rebuild them as yet, I am R&Ding the diaphragms as we speak, the main part that needs replacement. I am making good progress on this effort.

If the MPS is good, then I can calibrate it to known good settings for stock engine configurations for another small fee.

Between Geoff, Gary and me, we should be be able to take care of any MPS needs anyone has. None of us make a living at it...just another way to give something back to the 914 community.

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.