Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOR SALE: 84' 944 and 05' Ninja 250R
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
corsepervita
(edit update) changing this to for sale. 944 - $4500. 250 - $2500

So this is my first post. I've been lurking for a while and registered the other day. A while back I spoke to a fellow by the name of "duc" who was selling a 914 over in the pdx area. Cool guy, knew his stuff. Was selling a GORGEOUS Orange 914. Unfortunately the timing wasn't right, and I just couldn't make up my mind.

I just moved into a house not long ago and have a lot of vehicles. A long time ago I thought that was great. However, I am using many of them less and less. I'm wanting to downsize my toy amount somewhat and just make it easier on myself. I could go buy one, but the wife knows that if I do that and have it sitting around, she knows I'll let it grow on me and I won't sell something else.... accumulating another vehicles (guess she knows me too well... darn it).

I'm looking to trade out my 84' 944 and my 2005 Ninja 250R for a nice 914, or a 911 (that is mechanically sound, maybe needs paint or cosmetics). The 944 is my daily, and is very reliable. So If I do go through with such a trade, it would have to be a reliable car for daily driving.

The 944 has been mechanically sound and fit as a fiddle. I have meticulously worked on it and repaired everything on it myself, and also purchased specialty tools for the timing belt and balance shaft belt (which would come with the car of course). Though it'll eventually need paint, it does shine up, but has cracks here and there and some oddities. Mechanically it's sound as can be.

The 250 was bought new off the showroom floor, has also been cared for by yours truly, also have the valve adjustment tool (comes with the bike of course) with less than 10k on it.

I like the 914, and really want to get into the air cooled side of Porsche. At the same time figured it would be a good opportunity for someone who maybe wants to get into the water cooled side, and also interested in motorcycles. I have a 924 being built as a trackday car, so it won't break my heart too much to let go of the 944.

Figured I'd post on here as I know this is "an odd one" but there might be someone out there crazy like me.

-Derek

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/ko...11-12092555.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/ko...44/IMG_5054.jpg

IPB Image

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/ko...43_2245047_.jpg

(and yes, it's still this shiny)
IPB Image
zymurgist
Cool bike. I'm looking for a starter bike myself... found a Ninja 500 last weekend that I really like. Have you seen the new 250 special edition with lime green passenger "seat"? Great looking bike if you like the Kawasaki lime green. smile.gif
corsepervita
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Apr 19 2010, 10:47 AM) *

Cool bike. I'm looking for a starter bike myself... found a Ninja 500 last weekend that I really like. Have you seen the new 250 special edition with lime green passenger "seat"? Great looking bike if you like the Kawasaki lime green. smile.gif

The new generation are nice. I'm still a fan of the old generation, but that's probably because it's what i was used to working on LOL! But they're nice. One of my co-workers bought one(new gen, not special edition), had a pic of it a while back of them parked next to each other. Really cool little bikes. I'm jealous, the new 250 changed how they do the valves, so the intervals for adjustments were extended lol.
zymurgist
I love the new ones in blue. Almost the same color as my '98 Neon or my '06 RSX. Bright metallic blue does it for me every time.
corsepervita
Changing this to FOR SALE - I might have found a 914 that suits exactly what I'm looking for and a lot more smile.gif

Asking $4500 for the 944 and $2500 for the 250R. Both of which I feel are reasonable prices for the condition and work and maintenance done to them, as well as the toolsets coming with both of them.

The 944 also has a very serious sound system.
Gint
If it becomes a trade again, let me know and I'll move it back to the 914 sale forum.
corsepervita
No worries - thanks, Gint! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.