Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: About to score BIG! and I'm willing to share.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cheapsnake
My wife's been looking for a replacement for her '97 528 and found a fully loaded 2005 525I with 64,000 miles on cars.com for $9,000. piratenanner.gif Can you believe it? No phone number, just an email address for contact info. So I email "Lisa" to ask for a phone number so we can discuss the transaction. lol-2.gif So here's the reply I got:

Hello Tom,

Sorry for this late reply, but I'm on vacation right now.
The BMW is still for sale and will go for $9,000.00
I have recently stored it at a shipping company warehouse in Cortlandt Manor, New York.
Few words about the car, no accidents, never wrecked,non-smoker, great
conditions, clear title. The vin number is # WBANA53545B861956.
I posted the car for sale all over the US (nation-wide ad), so you may see
it on another location.
This is a selling package from Cars.com for more exposure.
I am in possession of this BMW 525i, from my former husband, as he lost it in
our divorce settlement.
Being a single mother and not having a driver’s license I decided to sell the car.
The only thing is that I presently need to enjoy a quiet, nice vacation
after this long divorce suit and I want to avoid headaches and complications.
Therefore, I will take care of shipping because I have some advantages with the
shipping company and the fees on this transport will be low for me to pay,
As I’m unable to travel in the near future and I don’t have anyone to help me
with the sale I decided to make this transaction through eBay.
I know this protects both buyer and seller and it’s the right way to do this.
So don’t get me wrong and don’t take it personally but I would prefer to secure the deal through eBay.
In this way I will be assured you will buy the car and you will be assured that you will receive it!
Basically the money will be sent in to the eBay bank account and they will keep the money until you
will receive the car and only after you will inspect and drive the car they will forward the money to me.
If you want to buy it, I will need to open a transaction with eBay, for this i will
need your name and the shipping address in the following format :
Buyer Name-
Street Address-
City, State, Zip Code -
And I will get everything started immediately. After this, eBay will contact
you directly with the transaction details and all the instructions to complete this deal.
I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Lisa Gruenhagen

[color=#000000]
Lisa's even going to pay shipping from New York to Wisconsin!!! What a girl!

Here's my reply:

Dear Lisa, thank you for the quick reply. Please accept this as confirmation of my intent to buy the BMW. However, it may take some time to come up with the $9k, but be assured it is in process. You see, I'm in line to inherit one half of a Nigerian prince's estate worth $250 million dollars in exchange for the use of my bank account and the transaction is taking a little longer than I had anticipated. So please set the car aside for me and I'll transfer the money directly to your bank account as soon as I have your bank account number.

Tom

Actually, I feel it's only fair that I let the rest of my 914 brothers and sisters in on this killer deal. So, if any of you would like to contact Lisa directly and strike a deal, here's her email address:

lisagruenhagen@earthlink.net

I'm sure she'd be happy to hear from you.
underthetire
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Apr 22 2010, 10:05 AM) *

My wife's been looking for a replacement for her '97 528 and found a fully loaded 2005 525I with 64,000 miles on cars.com for $9,000. piratenanner.gif Can you believe it? No phone number, just an email address for contact info. So I email "Lisa" to ask for a phone number so we can discuss the transaction. lol-2.gif So here's the reply I got:

Hello Tom,

Sorry for this late reply, but I'm on vacation right now.
The BMW is still for sale and will go for $9,000.00
I have recently stored it at a shipping company warehouse in Cortlandt Manor, New York.
Few words about the car, no accidents, never wrecked,non-smoker, great
conditions, clear title. The vin number is # WBANA53545B861956.
I posted the car for sale all over the US (nation-wide ad), so you may see
it on another location.
This is a selling package from Cars.com for more exposure.
I am in possession of this BMW 525i, from my former husband, as he lost it in
our divorce settlement.
Being a single mother and not having a driver’s license I decided to sell the car.
The only thing is that I presently need to enjoy a quiet, nice vacation
after this long divorce suit and I want to avoid headaches and complications.
Therefore, I will take care of shipping because I have some advantages with the
shipping company and the fees on this transport will be low for me to pay,
As I’m unable to travel in the near future and I don’t have anyone to help me
with the sale I decided to make this transaction through eBay.
I know this protects both buyer and seller and it’s the right way to do this.
So don’t get me wrong and don’t take it personally but I would prefer to secure the deal through eBay.
In this way I will be assured you will buy the car and you will be assured that you will receive it!
Basically the money will be sent in to the eBay bank account and they will keep the money until you
will receive the car and only after you will inspect and drive the car they will forward the money to me.
If you want to buy it, I will need to open a transaction with eBay, for this i will
need your name and the shipping address in the following format :
Buyer Name-
Street Address-
City, State, Zip Code -
And I will get everything started immediately. After this, eBay will contact
you directly with the transaction details and all the instructions to complete this deal.
I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Lisa Gruenhagen

[color=#000000]
Lisa's even going to pay shipping from New York to Wisconsin!!! What a girl!

Here's my reply:

Dear Lisa, thank you for the quick reply. Please accept this as confirmation of my intent to buy the BMW. However, it may take some time to come up with the $9k, but be assured it is in process. You see, I'm in line to inherit one half of a Nigerian prince's estate worth $250 million dollars in exchange for the use of my bank account and the transaction is taking a little longer than I had anticipated. So please set the car aside for me and I'll transfer the money directly to your bank account as soon as I have your bank account number.

Tom

Actually, I feel it's only fair that I let the rest of my 914 brothers and sisters in on this killer deal. So, if any of you would like to contact Lisa directly and strike a deal, here's her email address:

lisagruenhagen@earthlink.net

I'm sure she'd be happy to hear from you.

Oh, i'm in on that one! Just can't use my work computer for it!
orange914
av-943.gif go tom
Tom_T
... wait - I'm sure I know her! laugh.gif
... I think she remarried your Nigerian Prince!! lol-2.gif
... no wait - that was another Lisa, this one married Aristotle Onassis' son & that's how she gets the great shipping rates!!!! av-943.gif
Root_Werks
rolleyes.gif
bandjoey
Boy. She asked for everything except your credit card number and shorts size. bootyshake.gif
These scams are popping up more frequently this year than I remember in the past. Great reply!
KELTY360
Oh man! Some guys have all the luck. It wouldn't feel right to cut you out of such a great deal. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.