Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Follow-up to carb question....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RMally
Hey guys,

Sorry for all the newb questions lately, but I really don't have a clue.

While my FI is in repair status I want to add the two webers to the car. After searching I found this.......2x34 ICT type 2. This was a kit that said fits 914 1.8 1970-76.

Is this the only kit that fits my 74 model 1.8. I don't have a clue, but the other kits listed on Webers site didn't include my 1.8 only the 2.0.

Please let me know what dealers you would use, and what kit. I need everything, manifold, linkage, etc. Also a universal fuel pump.

I know, I know, get the FI fixed.....I will but want to drive now.

Thanks,

Randy
Root_Werks
The difference in the kits is mostly manifolds.

If you switch over to carbs, it's kinda big deal. Different fuel pump, block off return line, bypass pump relay trigger from FI harnes etc, etc.

If your FI is all there and installed and you're just waiting for parts, I know it's tough, but I'd continue to wait it out.
Root_Werks
This kit supports 3 and 4 bolt:

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/product_p/wk412.htm

jaxdream
You didn't mention what your FI problem is , other than waiting on repairs. If you gotta run carbs , the Empi 40's HPMX IIRC , seem to very popular , or Weber 40 IDF's are also popular . Maybe give some more info on your FI as there is a host of guys here with spares , and info. BTW if you do decide to carb , maybe after you get yor FI back you could sell off the carb setup. There are threads on here about setting up carbs , syncing them and such. Just a note , the center mounted Weber carb setup is not that popular , seems to give a lot of trouble , especially if cold or real cool in your neck of the woods. Good luck ....

Jack / Jaxdream
RMally
I had another post that spoke of the FI problems, for now its removed and not going back on for at least a year. (didn't want to beat a dead horse, so yes I know FI is better but I need the carbs for now).

I just didn't want to purchase the wrong carbs or kit, and wanted to verify what exactly to buy and where. The sites I've been to only refrence that one kit for my 1.8 and wanted to see if there were others available.

Root Werks, that is the kit I found. The other's said they were all for 2.0's, so I'm assuming this is the best kit for my car.

Thanks,
jmill
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Apr 22 2010, 06:48 PM) *

If you gotta run carbs , the Empi 40's HPMX IIRC , seem to very popular , or Weber 40 IDF's are also popular .

agree.gif I'd run either of these. The HPMX's are Empi's verion of the IDF Weber. I doubt you'll be happy with the switch without a cam change.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.