Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gepetto143
I have a weird problem.
My avatar picture won't update.
If I remove my old avatar and upload a new one, my old avatar always comes back?

Any suggestion?
SirAndy
QUOTE(gepetto143 @ Apr 22 2010, 02:47 PM) *

I have a weird problem.
My avatar picture won't update.
If I remove my old avatar and upload a new one, my old avatar always comes back?

Any suggestion?

Post the image here in the thread and i'll have a look and see if it's image related ...

type.gif Andy
Gint
You don't have an avatar setup. You have a picture in your profile (of a nice red 914), but not an avatar. In other words and to use IPB board software lingo as it appears in the controls section, you've setup a "Personal Photo" but not and "Avatar". Click the "Edit Avatar Settings" link and go from there.
gepetto143
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 22 2010, 03:04 PM) *
Click the "Edit Avatar Settings" link and go from there.

It is what I did but it didn't work :S My old avatar keeps comming back.

This is the picture I want to use.
gepetto143
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 22 2010, 03:04 PM) *

You have a picture in your profile (of a nice red 914).

The car is not nice, it only looks good on a 1" x 1" picture. It really needs a paint job.

I found a solution. I used the picture in my previous post (the URL of the picture) instead of uploading a picture from my computer.
trojanhorsepower
I am having the same issue exactly. The image that I want to use works fine in the Profile, but when I try to change my avatar it goes back to my old picture. Even when I remove the old image and try to add the new one the old image comes back.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Apr 16 2011, 05:24 PM) *
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Nuttin ... I can see your new picture just fine.

Try clearing out your browser cache, the old picture is probably cached for you (which btw. has nothing to do with 914world).
On most browsers, you clear the cache for a site by holding down the CTRL key while refreshing the page.

trojanhorsepower
Sweet!
Thanks Andy, I never new that about the control button!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.