Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Shoe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Well everything within reasin for the last 3 weeks has been telling me to cancel my trip as nothinh has gone right. Even as I write this I just realized I left my flares at home. Oh well, being the crazy fool I am, I have a tttteener loaded on a tow dolly BACKWARDS and my fat ass is headed for Hershey!
rick 918-S
driving.gif : Nothing like a road trip to test your soul. aktion035.gif driving.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I love road trips! aktion035.gif Have a good one!
mepstein
Hope it goes well for you. Just took a ride up to NE Mass on Tuesday for a better side shift trans. 14 hour round trip. Came back with a whole lot of shiny extra parts - Thanks Tommy. Great weather, sights , and quality "thinking time". Trip down to Scotty B's was more work. Trailering a car in mentlally taxing. Especially going through Baltimore, DC and Richmond. Drivers don't give you a break. They'll hit the brakes and not care about the extra weight of your trailer pushing you forward into their bumper. See you at Hershey biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 22 2010, 09:44 PM) *

driving.gif : Nothing like a road trip to test your soul. aktion035.gif driving.gif

This entire month has been testing me & trying to bring me down. I refuse to ket a run of bad luck get the better of me & ruin my last road trip before I hit the half century mark on Tuesday. I will continue to aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
championgt1
Good luck. driving.gif
r_towle
Drive safe...CYA there.

Rich
hot_shoe914
I wonder if the Trunk Monkey will reimburse me for my gas money if I claim to be an ambassador for MUSR 11 on a mission to personally invite all the northeast guys to the Teeners on the Tail in October. confused24.gif
hot_shoe914
Just another 600 miles to Scotty' place. driving.gif
Dr Evil
Are you driving a truck? If so, bring Scotty's BMW up so I can fix it for him smile.gif

At least you forgot the parts that can be shipped.
hot_shoe914
356 miles to Scotty's. Yeah Mike, I'm driving a truck.
VaccaRabite
Look forward to seeing you in a few hours.

Zach
Mary Shortridge
That trip will be a walk in the park for you! I bet the truck has comfier seats than Christine, too! Have a great weekend, and a great birthday!!!!!
computers4kids
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 22 2010, 07:23 PM) *

I have a tttteener loaded on a tow dolly BACKWARDS and my fat ass is headed for Hershey!

It will all be worth it once you get there. smile.gif

PS Keep your windows rolled-up and your targa top on, or the flares won't be the only thing that you will be leaving behind....like your windsheild. blink.gif
hot_shoe914
The shoe is still rolling & 75 miles out from Scotty's.
rick 918-S
popcorn[1].gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
The Shoe should be getting close to ScottyB's...Was about 110 miles out at around 10 central.

Rick's right...we need some pics of the car in TOW...
hot_shoe914
Just enjoyed a nice hour long nap after dropping the car off at Scotty's. Now to tackle rush hour traffic in D.C. On the way to Hershey. Got 3 slabs of Memphis style ribs to share with the northern folks.
914four
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 22 2010, 10:12 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 22 2010, 09:44 PM) *

This entire month has been testing me & trying to bring me down. I refuse to ket a run of bad luck get the better of me & ruin my last road trip before I hit the half century mark on Tuesday. I will continue to aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

Shoe,

I'm right with you in a couple of weeks. It seems like it keeps getting better each year, and probably especially better with all of the 914s you have! May you have another great 50 years! birthday3.gif

Your frequent road trips are fascinating and it seems like you really enjoy them.

Looking forward to seeing you for the MUSR11. Let me know if Scotty gets your car ready in time and you have an extra 914 that needs to be exercised. I'll be very interested to see the bumblebee after Scotty is finished with it.

Kelvin
EdwardBlume
Yep... he's nuts alright folks.... totally nuts.... yee haw! shades.gif
VaccaRabite
BTW - the ribs (even though we devoured them cold ~ 2AM between shots of tequila) were TOTALLY awesome.

Cold ribs that are tasty. THAT says a lot. Can only imagine what they were like hot.

Zach
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 25 2010, 10:27 PM) *

BTW - the ribs (even though we devoured them cold ~ 2AM between shots of tequila) were TOTALLY awesome.

Cold ribs that are tasty. THAT says a lot. Can only imagine what they were like hot.

Zach

You need to head back over to Doc's Zach, left 2 slabs in the refrigerator if he hasn't gobbled them all up. Most likely gone by now though. Come on down to theMUSR 11 and I will make sure to bring more.
Dr Evil
Only one left. I ate one whole slab for dinner last night smile.gif
hot_shoe914
pray.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 27 2010, 01:30 PM) *

Only one left. I ate one whole slab for dinner last night smile.gif

chowtime.gif chowtime.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif pray.gif
EdwardBlume
East Coasters have all the fun... chowtime.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 23 2010, 11:42 AM) *

Hope this works.
Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 27 2010, 01:53 PM) *

Hope this works.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 27 2010, 01:54 PM) *

Hope this works.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 27 2010, 01:55 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 27 2010, 01:54 PM) *

Hope this works.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Best I can do on the pics.
EdwardBlume
Hey Shoe, PM TomT for help on how to post pictures... lol-2.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 27 2010, 02:42 PM) *

East Coasters have all the fun... chowtime.gif

West Coasters get all the rust free cars. You really want to trade?
Dr Evil
Just had another half a slab of ribs for lunch chowtime.gif

I am trying to see how long I can protract my session of mud butt pain30.gif
hot_shoe914
Glad you are enjoying the ribs Mike, let me know if you need me to send you some more. chowtime.gif
jt914-6
Hey Shoe....where's my lens sets?????? poke.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:15 AM) *

Hey Shoe....where's my lens sets?????? poke.gif

I have a set of fronts and a 1/2 set of rears. When do you leave for Hallett? I will be in town Friday night.
jt914-6
You must be getting Altheimers......As my ex would say...."we've had this conversation" poke.gif poke.gif ....I leave about 10:00am Fri. for Hallett.....Leave what you have with Ron if you two can hook up....No problem as I'll be sure and not wreck the car so I would wish I had them on the car...... shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.