Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: race car was hit again... by the same guy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
well last weekend ended kinda badly...

could of been worse I suppose
3 seperate incidents at the track
one guy left on a flight for life
and then after the race was over, one of the pro-haulers caught on fire and melted 4 cars to the ground (including a 26R lotus and a cooper formula)
DanT
wow, that really sucks Brant...
at least it wasn't the spec Miata.... sad.gif

at least you are OK and live to drive another day smile.gif

campbellcj
Whoa, that bites! Any structural/suspension/wheel damage, or "just" bodywork?
Eric_Shea
Are you serious? Same guy? Is there really an issue with him? Seems odd... Bummer sad.gif
TROJANMAN
He was driving a Miata the first time, so already you know he's one of "those" guys......
RJMII
that sucks. I see now why you are doing body work this weekend.
brant
luckily I think its just body work
car wouldn't shift afterwards... so I've still got to verify that...

but it looks like its only body work
it tore a weld in the fender flare

really was the same guy
last year he hit me on the passenger rear quarter
this time he hit dad on the drivers side rear quarter

it was a hair pin (1st gear) corner... he ducked into a tight line to show his nose and was 1 car length back. He locked his brakes and slid in a straight line. Dad was driving the line and coming around the corner when suddenly tapped. another 10 inches and he would of missed completely and slid straight off of the track. Too bad he didn't swerve even a tiny bit.

damn purple 356's......

I'm out for a couple of months until I get the body re-done, new paint, install the new motor, and re-corner balance (oh and look over the trans)

brant
sean_v8_914
bummer...no cryin in racing.
remember that mirror finished rear bumper I posted? it got munched by an M3 at Fontucky in turn 2 infield along with the rear left. bashed it out with a sledge hammer, bled the brakes and was out for next run group.
git er dun
Jake Raby
Sounds like you need to stay in front of that guy... Lots less contact at the front of the pack :-)
Smitty911
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Apr 23 2010, 03:56 AM) *

Sounds like you need to stay in front of that guy... Lots less contact at the front of the pack :-)

Good advice, the first time my son BMX raced, he went down in the first turn when someone in front of him turn down the berm and hit his front tire.

I told him "If your in front, that can't happen." He won the next heat race by a large margin.

Sucks to get hit, sucks worse that it's the same guy.
codices
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 22 2010, 11:15 PM) *

luckily I think its just body work
car wouldn't shift afterwards... so I've still got to verify that...

but it looks like its only body work
it tore a weld in the fender flare

really was the same guy
last year he hit me on the passenger rear quarter
this time he hit dad on the drivers side rear quarter

it was a hair pin (1st gear) corner... he ducked into a tight line to show his nose and was 1 car length back. He locked his brakes and slid in a straight line. Dad was driving the line and coming around the corner when suddenly tapped. another 10 inches and he would of missed completely and slid straight off of the track. Too bad he didn't swerve even a tiny bit.

damn purple 356's......

I'm out for a couple of months until I get the body re-done, new paint, install the new motor, and re-corner balance (oh and look over the trans)

brant

Brant,
He couldn't miss unless he got off the brakes. You know the old story that a non-rotating wheel does not steer.

I will be out at Steve White's place Saturday morning getting some 914 metal to practice on. I need enough to learn how to use my MIG. I'm sure that if there are the pieces that you need they will be available.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.