Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh No...he's asking another question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RMally
Well,

In preparation of the dual carbs I am removing the old original FI which will be fixed later....(I know, see other thread) and wanted to know if there are any "correct" steps to take.

Here's what I've done so far.

Removed battery
Took off entire air filter housing
Unhooked every piece of wiring and connections (you should have seen all the creative rigging)
Removed the computer from the sound pad area

Now what.....Are the fuel lines under any pressure? I wanted to stop here and ask before I do something wrong. What other pieces need to come off, is there a removal process somewhere. I was worried mainly about the fuel lines and pressure or removing something I shouldn't.....Thanks for any tips.

Randy

PS.....first time this ever happened, but when I was taking out the battery the wrench slipped and.......Boom, fourth of July on my left hand, what a spark!
URY914
As I remember it the FI lines due stay pressurized with the engine off. I remember this because I got a eyeful of gas one day while changing fuel lines. There is a little fitting on one of the hard lines that you can unscew to releave the pressure.
type47
QUOTE(RMally @ Apr 24 2010, 05:30 PM) *

PS.....first time this ever happened, but when I was taking out the battery the wrench slipped and.......Boom, fourth of July on my left hand, what a spark!

General rule is to remove the negative cable clamp first and install the negative last. That way an errant wrench on the positive clamp can touch the body without making a complete circuit.
Tom
agree.gif
And would add: put a heavy rag or, preferred, a piece of rubber over the positive post while doing this. Wrenches have been known to slip, big arc weld!
And if you don't get the wrench off, the battery could explode.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.