Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally made it to Colorado
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mojorisen914
I finally made it to Broomfield Colorado. Man, what a boring drive it was from KC! I left this past Wednesday driving a Uhaul and pulling my boat. The weather was great until I got 30 miles outside of Denver.
I drove the Uhaul to the airport and parked in long term parking and caught a flight back on Thursday morning and then turned around Thursday afternoon and left KC around 4 in my truck pulling the teener. Another boring drive. Went thru a tornado in western Kansas. Damn its hard to see those things at night! After pullingn off at rest stops along the way to catch naps; I pulled into my storage lot at 6am yeserday. Had to unload the car and then drive out to the airport to get the Uhaul. All the time it's raining. Switched the trialer to the Uhaul and loaded my truck on the trailer and hauled butt back to the storage facility to unload the rest of the stuff in the Uhaul. It's a wonder I didn't catch a cold from being cold and wet yesterday. Oh, I almost forgot; it started snowing yesterday too....wowsers!
It's been a long 4 days.
On a good note; looking forward to meeting the Colorado guys and gals next Saturday in Lafayette. Who has the addy for the meeting place?
Ferg
driving.gif Cool, Glad to hear you got out for a bit in the teener today.

addy for next saturday: 2770 Arapahoe Road, Lafayette, CO‎

See you there!

Ferg
majkos
Welcome to Sunny, sometimes snowy Colorado!
Click to view attachment
mojorisen914
I looked on here for the thread but didn't find it. Ok, I did look but not that hard...lol.
See you there next Sat.
mojorisen914
QUOTE(majkos @ Apr 24 2010, 11:54 PM) *

Welcome to Sunny, sometimes snowy Colorado!
Click to view attachment

I didn't see that before I posted. Holy Crap! It snowed here in Broomfield but didn't get much accumalation. Nothing like that.
majkos
Ever since I parked the Silver beauty outside (month ago)
we had snow rain sleet Ugh!
I'm working on another 914
but I wash her everytime.
see......
Click to view attachment

BTW Welcome to Mile High!
mojorisen914
Thanks for the welcome. Will you guys be there next Saturday?
914runnow
Hi there and Welcome....
Get hooked up on our Local Board..
(if not already).....
We killed a 74 2.0 today..
Sorry you missed it..
Regards Dr. Death
majkos
Dr Death
Click to view attachment
benalishhero

OT but I have a Blueheeler CP. Nice to see a red one.

Happy Sunday
majkos
You like RED
Click to view attachment
Gint
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Apr 24 2010, 08:32 PM) *
I finally made it to Broomfield Colorado. Man, what a boring drive it was from KC!
That's because you had to drive through Kansas. Flat as a pancake and boring as hell across I70.
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Apr 24 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Yup. See ya there? Diving a 914 I hope. happy11.gif

Replied to your email on colorado-914 about changing your email.
mojorisen914
Thanks, Gint. I should be driving the teener next week. I think it is running a little rich up here (You were right Ferg).
majkos
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Apr 25 2010, 06:09 AM) *

Thanks, Gint. I should be driving the teener next week. I think it is running a little rich up here (You were right Ferg).

Carb barf.gif or Fuel injection? shades.gif aktion035.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(majkos @ Apr 25 2010, 08:20 AM) *

agree.gif but that's what Rob wanted on his car because that's what he says he knows how to work on. stirthepot.gif
plymouth37
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Apr 24 2010, 09:14 PM) *

I am going to try to get the cafe bike running and will be over there around 8ish on Saturday.
mojorisen914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 25 2010, 01:47 PM) *

QUOTE(majkos @ Apr 25 2010, 08:20 AM) *

agree.gif but that's what Rob wanted on his car because that's what he says he knows how to work on. stirthepot.gif

That's right... slap.gif LOL. I just need to tweak it some.
mojorisen914
Looking forward to meeting everyone. I hope it's nice weather.
Sleepin
Glad you made it Rob! I look forward to meeting you. Hopefully you are just as eccentric as the other Eastern Slope Teener Owners! (ESTO's) lol-2.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 25 2010, 11:00 AM) *

Glad you made it Rob! I look forward to meeting you. Hopefully you are just as eccentric as the other Eastern Slope Teener Owners! (ESTO's) lol-2.gif

Do you have to meet some sort of universal standard of eccentricity to belong to that group?

welcome to colorado wink.gif

Maybe if I can install a throttle cable by next Saturday I can show up with my 914.
Katmanken
Boring drive???

You ought to try living in Salina Kansas for 3 years..

Flat, flat, flat and you can see 20 miles in any direction. Drove the local cop nuts. He had one billboard to hide behind and there was no where else to hide...

Colorado now, there are somethings to see....
SharonG
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 25 2010, 01:00 PM) *

Eccentric eastern slope teener owners??? You and Val have the market on the eccentric western slope folk. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif We wub.gif U!
Ferg
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 25 2010, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 25 2010, 11:00 AM) *

Do you have to meet some sort of universal standard of eccentricity to belong to that group?

welcome to colorado wink.gif

Maybe if I can install a throttle cable by next Saturday I can show up with my 914.

rolleyes.gif Brant's busy all week, you're screwed. lol-2.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(SharonG @ Apr 25 2010, 02:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 25 2010, 01:00 PM) *

Eccentric eastern slope teener owners??? You and Val have the market on the eccentric western slope folk. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif We wub.gif U!

We own that! Eccentricity is our forte'! beerchug.gif
Sleepin
w00t.gif
Slider
Welcome to Colorado.

Im gonna make it down from FTC. next saturday

no teener though.. doing some fuel tank and lines R&R
mojorisen914
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Looking forward to meet everyone on Saturday.

I wanted to share how my first day went.....

I woke this morning to a little snow and thought...no big deal. Got in my truck and started to back out of the parking space and thought; that don't feel right. Got out and looked and I had a flat tire. Remind you, this is first day of my new job. I cussed that flat tire for the 45 minutes; had to go back in and change clothes but luckly, I still made it on time for my first day. I guess I do believe in santa claus....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.