Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photo request, please: Houndstooth upholstery in silver car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
number6
Thank you in advance!
rick 918-S
drooley.gif
Mary Shortridge
I really can't think of a 914 color that houndstooth (b&w) wouldn't look good in!
carr914
Duc, Here's the best I can do

1st you are going to have to use your imagination

Here are the Houndstooth seats

Click to view attachment

and here are the same seats in a Silver -6, when they had this red airline cloth

Click to view attachment

Now close your eyes again and when you open them you are driving a

Silver 916

Click to view attachment
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Apr 25 2010, 11:25 AM) *

I really can't think of a 914 color that houndstooth (b&w) wouldn't look good in!

THIS!
Sleepin
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 25 2010, 12:26 PM) *

Now close your eyes again and when you open them you are driving a

Silver 916

Click to view attachment

Why would you imagine a POS like that! lol-2.gif poke.gif
Mary Shortridge
We are VERY glad we did houndstooth inserts. All black would have been boring...
(would have LOVED to have Pasha...)
number6
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 25 2010, 11:26 AM) *

1st you are going to have to use your imagination

Thanks, T.C. and everyone.

As someone posted above, I don't think houndstooth can look bad no matter the car color. All the examples I've seen with white, yellow, green, orange, red, etc cars have looked incredible. Just have never seen a silver car that way. Leaning towards that direction for my build, so I want to be *sure* before committing.

Silver is a difficult color for the b&w scheme, I think. It may be the only color that houndstooth doesn't look stellar with. That's the conclusion I reach when I close my eyes and try really hard to visualize. Hence the request here. I'll see if I can hack something together in Photoshop...
number6
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Apr 25 2010, 04:36 PM) *

We are VERY glad we did houndstooth inserts. All black would have been boring...

Wow, Mary, Buttercup looks amazing!
number6
Well, my Photoshop skills are lacking, so I resorted to google... Not a lot of luck, but I did find photo below. Looks good stepped back, no? (the silver-houndstooth scheme, that is.) If anyone has a better photo, even if it's not a 914, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
carr914
Duc, If you want I will send you a swatch of Houndstooth so you can decide in person. I probably have your address, but send me a PM

T.C.
number6
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 26 2010, 06:39 AM) *

Duc, If you want I will send you a swatch of Houndstooth so you can decide in person. I probably have your address, but send me a PM

T.C.

That would be incredible, T.C.
Thank you! Sending PM...
poorsche914
I did some photoshop work on Buttercup... this should give you a pretty good idea.
IPB Image
number6
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 26 2010, 10:19 AM) *

I did some photoshop work on Buttercup... this should give you a pretty good idea.
IPB Image

Thank you. I tried the color replacement tool in PS and got similar results. Do you know how to get it closer to the silver as we see it...and with the sheen? I appreciate your time w/ the mock-up!
carr914
Duc, your sample went out in the mail prop.gif
number6
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 27 2010, 01:16 AM) *

Duc, your sample went out in the mail prop.gif

Gracias, T.C. - I owe you one!
beerchug.gif
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 26 2010, 12:19 PM) *

IPB Image

Oh my gosh I laughed out loud when I saw this!
Buttercup in silver is "just not right" blink.gif , but I still say houndstooth would be great in a silver car. The best idea yet is to put a piece of houndstooth on your seats and see what you think. Please post a photo so we can see, too!
TravisNeff
not quite houndstooth
r_towle
I saw these at Hershey and It was love at first sight.

Rich
Mary Shortridge
Did you get T.C.'s sample? What did you think???
carr914
I know Duc got my sample a day or so ago. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was really impressed with the Postal Service as it seemed everything I sent or was waiting was arriving quickly. Now it for has taken 10 days or more - maybe some secret Security thing confused24.gif

I've been waiting for a carr914 embroidered shirt that was shipped on the 10th sad.gif
number6
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 20 2010, 04:27 PM) *

I know Duc got my sample a day or so ago. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was really impressed with the Postal Service as it seemed everything I sent or was waiting was arriving quickly. Now it for has taken 10 days or more - maybe some secret Security thing confused24.gif

I've been waiting for a carr914 embroidered shirt that was shipped on the 10th sad.gif

T.C., thank you for the sample! I have some follow-up questions, but I'll wait to ask them when my head is on straight, as it's groggy and unfocused at the moment. Heck, I'm having a hard time composing this message...

It turns out my mail person put your envelope in the wrong box - in a neighbor's from 1 floor up. And of all the wrong boxes, it had to go to the person who's here only once a week, hence the delay in it getting on to me.

Thanks again, T.C.!

Mary, I did place the fabric sample up against the car... No photos...but I can't say it looks super stellar. Doesn't look bad, though. It may also be that my car is in disarray at the moment, in the middle of being torn down, in preparation for media blasting. With fresh paint and fresh interior, I'm sure the houndstooth will look quite good.

-duc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.