Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many jackstands do you own?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
While cleaning up the garage today I realized there was a lot of variety in my collection. Five pairs and four singles (none the same height).....14 total.

At least none of them have names. blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 25 2010, 08:17 PM) *

How many jackstands do you own?

While cleaning up the garage today I realized there was a lot of variety in my collection. Five pairs and four singles (none the same height).....14 total.

At least none of them have names. blink.gif

0 (zero)

popcorn[1].gif Andy
ClayPerrine
3 pairs, one set is Gint proof. biggrin.gif poke.gif

Plus I have the ultimate in jackstands... a 2 post lift!!! smilie_pokal.gif
DanT
2 short ones, 2 taller ones, two ramps and a very nice aluminum floor jack biggrin.gif
none of which are being used right now smile.gif

now if I could just get the car out of the body shop dry.gif
zx-niner
Four pairs. I used to own a second 914.
PlaysWithCars
Too many according to my wife. She wasn't impressed when I had two cars w/ 4 wheels off the ground and spare stands left over.
azbill
3 pairs and a mid rise lift
porschecb
None............
plymouth37
3 pairs, all different heights, all in use...
shoguneagle
14 (seven pair) and two sets of car dollies; do not have a hoist. I am prepared for seven 914s. Remember, they specialize in setting on jack stands!!

Had seven project cars at one time when I lived in Santa Clara, CA

Steve Hurt
zymurgist
4 pairs, including 2 pairs of the same stand. Plus 2 jacks and one pair of plastic ramps.
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
smontanaro
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 26 2010, 08:06 AM) *

Wow! That looks sort of like a rabbit hutch:
Click to view attachment

I just have two pair. They were in the box after our recent move until my son needed to work on his Subaru recently. They are back in the box now, but I see one of them peeking out, probably casting an eye at my /6...

Skip
VaccaRabite
I think that I have 12, but maybe only 10. I know at one point they were all in use between the Jeep, 914, and the bus. I had to get a set of ramps just to change the oil on my daily. smile.gif
Zach
Root_Werks
I recently cleaned house on jackstands last year. I think I had around 8 pairs? I now only have 2pairs and they are the pin type. I tossed all the ratchet style ones in the recyle bin.
BigDBass
2 pair. Happy to say that 1 pair is still new-in-box!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2010, 08:35 PM) *

0 (zero)

Oh, no wonder you're always going over to McMark's to work on your car!!

I have, umm... I lost track! Let's see, four of the black ones, two of the red pin-type, then those two tall ones I just got to work on the tail-dragger. I think I have four pairs of jack stands. Not all are in the same location.

--DD
smontanaro
Anybody know where you can buy the pin type stands these days? Last I looked all
I could find were the ratchet-style except for the big-ass monsters used for truck repair.
jt914-6
I have 12 jack stands. Four that stay in the car trailer, four in the garage, and four of the ratchet type that are still in the box....one set of ramps....one set of four wheel dollies which makes it easy to push the car around...
KELTY360
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Apr 26 2010, 09:24 AM) *

Anybody know where you can buy the pin type stands these days? Last I looked all
I could find were the ratchet-style except for the big-ass monsters used for truck repair.

Garage sales, estate sales and swap meets. I never buy new jackstands, although I have received them as gifts headbang.gif from well-meaning loved ones.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 26 2010, 09:21 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2010, 08:35 PM) *

0 (zero)

Oh, no wonder you're always going over to McMark's to work on your car!!

That, plus i don't have any space to work on my car.

My car is parked outside 24/7 and the landlord is not very keen on automotive repairs in the parking lot ...
dry.gif Andy
pete-stevers
i say this thread should be moved to the sandbox...what the heck does jackstands have to do wth 914s????

.....er...

i have six. and could use a couple more piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Apr 26 2010, 12:11 PM) *

i say this thread should be moved to the sandbox...what the heck does jackstands have to do wth 914s????

I don't think jackstands would work well in the sandbox ...

shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.