Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help mounting fog lights in a '75
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcb29
Removed the front bumper in order to mount two fog lights. I'm confused. There appears to be no bracket or mounting hole for the mounting bolt assemble on the fog light. I thought the later cars set up so that one just needed to cut out the rubber and mount the fog light. What am I missing?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jcb29 @ Apr 26 2010, 10:00 AM) *

Removed the front bumper in order to mount two fog lights. I'm confused. There appears to be no bracket or mounting hole for the mounting bolt assemble on the fog light. I thought the later cars set up so that one just needed to cut out the rubber and mount the fog light. What am I missing?

some did some did not. You will have to make some of them.
jcb29
So I will need to fab up some brackets and weld them onto the bumper reinforcement member. Could someone post or send me a picture of what the bracket looks like? Thanks much!
AZ914
If I remember correctly, on my 75, the fogs just slipped into the bumper (like a glove) and were not physically mounted to the car. When removing the bumper for towing,
zonedoubt
I made my own brackets. Got some guidance from an old post over on the bird board...

Click to view attachment
jcb29
Thanks, that helps out some. What is the "bird board"?
AZ914
zonedoubt is right, I forgot about those brackets there.

the 'bird board' is Pelican. They sell Porsche and BMW parts and have a tech section.
jcb29
Well obviously it is. Pelican, bird, i.e., bird board. Dumb me!

I'm familiar with the bird board and have also bought some things from them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.