Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Welders.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
Good welder? I know nothing on welders and came across this one for a fair price. Thought I'd ask you guys if it is a good choice. aktion035.gif
tomeric914
All depends on what you want to weld. 250 is good for 1/2" plate but not so good for sheet metal. Would be like doing bodywork with an 8lb sledgehammer! smash.gif
scotty b
A 250 is just as adjustable as a 180 is. It will weld sheetmetal just fine. My only question is what do you plan to use it for other than working on your car? 250 is WAY more than you will ever need for anything on a car. All I have at the shop is a 180 and it does everything from panels to frames. I have a 250 at home for the heavier stuff smile.gif
tomeric914
A 250 was a good machine 20 years ago. Good stable arc as I remember. Yes it was adjustable but not as far down as a 140 or 180.

All depends on what you want to do. If bodywork is it, then invest wisely in a smaller machine. If you're welding 1/8" or 1/4" on a regular basis, the 250 is a good machine. Parts may be difficult to come by but they are still available. Guns are pretty interchangeable.
PeeGreen 914
Thanks for the info... I passed on this one. I know there are going to be more deals coming and going but this welder seemed like a good one with tank for $750. There will be better beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
Thanks for the tip Scott.

There seems to be a good deal of welders for sale out here. I am really only looking to buy one if I find a great deal on it at this point since I don't have a project in mind as of yet. Not to say I won't soon enough though beerchug.gif . I am going to be bring in a friends 914 soon to do some body work on it and I don't think it will need anything welded but one never knows happy11.gif
IronHillRestorations
Indiana Oxygen is hard to beat on price and fast shipment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.