Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauging interest and value: 917 titianium belly pan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
Well for what ever reason there is no classified forum for 917 parts so I thought I would start here. I have acquired a real 917 belly pan that was autographed by Hurley Haywood and another driver who I do not recognize. Anyone who can identify the other signature will be allowed to come by and touch it.
Think of how nice that would look in your garage. Anyone who would like to estimate the value please chime in. I have one of them at this time and may get more if I can find a serious buyer. The only reference fo a price is an old ebay auction with a starting bid of $499. Hey you could probably use it as an air duct for a front trunk mounted oil cooler. If I do not sell it I am going to let my friend put it on his shop wall where he can tell people that is the only part left from the 917 that he cut up because it had crappy welds.
scotty b
David Donahue.

I win ship it to me. smile.gif
jt914-6
agree.gif
David Donohue.....it looks like his signature and he is a teamate with Hurley......
bdstone914
OK Scotty B guessed it. The pan will be in the mail along with the check and all of the NOS 914-6 GT parts that I have.

David Donahue.

I win ship it to me. smile.gif
[/quote]
sean_v8_914
exhaust cover
order number 756928
foundry batch D9820
Katmanken
That would have been reeeeealllly spendy in the heady 917 racing days...

At that time the USSR was in business, they had almost all of the worlds supply of Titanium. At that time there was very little material available in the west. That forced theThe US Air Force to use used small amounts, and the non-military markets to pay a lot of money for the material.
bdstone914
Danke, Sean

Bruce

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 27 2010, 06:05 AM) *

exhaust cover
order number 756928
foundry batch D9820

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.