Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally found a happy 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
corsepervita
I have searched for a while for a nice old 911 or a nice old 914. As of yesterday, I am the proud new owner of a very well taken care of 1970 914 from Porsche Rescue. I cannot even express how very happy I am to join the air cooled side of Porsche and continue to feed my crazy addiction for all these great little cars!

I have not ever seen such a clean 914 in person and it was unquestionably the most fun I've had in a long time. Definitely have a huge smile on my face the whole drive home. Porsche Rescue was also very helpful in pointing out any imperfections, little quirks, and how to look out for and take care of many things on these cars. I am glad he walked me through so very much on the car and these cars in general. He definitely knows his cars!

I also am glad to have found this place, there is a lot of knowledgeable people on here and the information I have dove into and found here is priceless.

beerchug.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

So

.....now you guys are stuck with me. chair.gif
porschecb
welcome.png Be sure to un-cover your plates before you drive it. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
I love that color combo! wub.gif

Good find and nice to have another local 914 nut in the mix.

Hey, you need some nice fuchs for that car! biggrin.gif
KELTY360
smilie_pokal.gif That is a classic! From the steelies with hubcaps to the body color bumpers, that car represents the VW/Porsche concept of the 914. Very basic, starkly practical and immensely enjoyable. That's a keeper.

I like the steelies but what a knockout it would be with chromies.

welcome.png
BigDBass
Great looking car!

welcome.png

Now go drive it!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 27 2010, 09:42 AM) *

Nah, he needs those period-correct Pedrinis I've got for sale. biggrin.gif

Dontcha just love people telling you what you need? Enjoy your car.
corsepervita
lol! Thanks everyone. I do indeed plan on keeping it just the way it is smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(corsepervita @ Apr 27 2010, 09:49 AM) *

lol! Thanks everyone. I do indeed plan on keeping it just the way it is smile.gif

Good call. It looks like a time machine.
flipb
Beautiful car! Love the whole look.

Did somebody delete the Fog Lights? It has the switch but solid bumper grilles.
corsepervita
QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 27 2010, 09:55 AM) *

Beautiful car! Love the whole look.

Did somebody delete the Fog Lights? It has the switch but solid bumper grilles.

If I remember correctly from what Porsche Rescue told me, it initially did not come with them, but the first owner put them in later. There are actually lights in it.
drgchapman
Jim is a 914-ologist.
I've seen that car at Jim's, very clean. Needs a little body work and paint to be very nice. Great starting point. Surprised he parted with it......wait, no I'm not, he doesn't keep any car very long........
tradisrad
Love the color.
Somewhere I "heard" that some cars had foglight with solid grills. I have a '70 and when I bought it, solid grills were installed with fog lights. I don't know if that was factory on some early cars or if too many hands have been on my car....
I bet that early tan foot reat is very rare...
EdwardBlume
Very nice... Congrats smilie_pokal.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(corsepervita @ Apr 27 2010, 08:49 AM) *

agree.gif Nice looking ride
OmaPossu
That is really nice looking 914!
Drums66
Yes.......very cool ride! welcome.png

P.S. nice 1.7
charliew
I'm just guessing it's a outside overall repaint. 112k. It looks like a little color variance inbetween the front inner fenderwells and the outside but thats ok. If it's not it really looks good. The dings in the door might be assessable with paintless repair. You might check it out. Also if it is a repaint try to get the brand and type and paint code for touching up the front bumper and other small hickies over time. It looks like a perfect fun car.
Millerwelds
Now to sign up for WCR. driving.gif
corsepervita
QUOTE(charliew @ Apr 27 2010, 12:37 PM) *

I'm just guessing it's a outside overall repaint. 112k. It looks like a little color variance inbetween the front inner fenderwells and the outside but thats ok. If it's not it really looks good. The dings in the door might be assessable with paintless repair. You might check it out. Also if it is a repaint try to get the brand and type and paint code for touching up the front bumper and other small hickies over time. It looks like a perfect fun car.

Original paint. I will possibly be taking it to a PDR guy here locally. But only for a quote and to get an idea of how confident they would feel about taking some of them out. If they say "Well... forget it, we can't without repainting" then i'll just forget about it. Even with all the dings in it, i'm very happy. I'm amazed the paint survived this long.
zymurgist
drooley.gif My dad used to have a 356C in that color combo. Good score!
Tom
That is a nice early 914 and I agree with you in keeping it exactly like it is. There are probably not too many like this left out there in this nice of shape. Lots of them that have been modified in some way tho'. I wonder what the cost would be to bring a modified one back to this look?? Nice purchase!
Tom
jfort
VERY COOL! CONGRATS!
Gint
What a great looking 914. I love that color combo. The dark green really stands out.
JTarver
It really is gorgeous. What color green is that. Looks too dark for Zambezi. It's close to the color I plan on painting mine. But I agree, it's quite beautiful the way it is. I wouldn't change a thing, looks ultra clean.
Joe
koozy
Is the rear sailpanel trim painted green or is that a tropical illusion?
koozy
I love that color combo. The interior looks very nice.

I believe that would be the Irish Green - L60E
tradisrad
QUOTE(koozy @ Apr 27 2010, 03:39 PM) *

I believe that would be the Irish Green - L60E

Yep, that is Irish Green. I now want tan interior for my '70 irish green
effutuo101
Welcome to the madness! now, fill up the tank and cruz up to Seattle on Sunday morning. a bunch of us are going to a Porsche car show at the XXX
6freak
My second favorite color for the 914,very nice car smilie_pokal.gif
Cheapsnake
Great score! But where' the rust?

Tom
siverson

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 27 2010, 09:42 AM) *

No way, I love the look of the hubcap wheels like that!
bandjoey
GREAT looking car. That looks like someone really took good care of that one. Congrats! agree.gif
johannes
Very nice 914. I love the colors and I like the steel wheels on the early 914's...
Porsche Rescue
Ok, can't resist. Some of you "young'uns" need some history. Car is the base model sold in 1970. It has no "appearance group". That option included sail panel vinyl with bright trim below, bright trim on the rear of the roll bar, chrome bumpers and fog lights. Most US cars were ordered with the appearance group so the basic cars are very rare. I bought the tangerine car shown below new in '70 with the a. group adding $200 to the sticker. The owner of the green car added some aftermarket driving lights behind the grills. Came to me with a toggle switch which I replaced with a factory fog light switch. Paint is original except bumpers, rockers and valances which I repainted.
The base cars looked very strange back in 1970. All cars had chrome bumpers then. Now all modern cars have painted bumpers, except they are plastic instead of metal.
The Irish green car was one owner until August of '08 and spent some early years with its owner in the Panama Canal Zone. He and his wife then drove it to Texas. Still has some 1974 "tourista" stickers from Mexico and Nicarauga on the glass. Mileage is actual at 111K. Spent 9 months each year in Weed, CA while the owners taught in US schools overseas for 35 years.
Porsche Rescue
Click to view attachmentForgot the pic. 1970 somewhere in Utah. Took the new car on a vacation, traveling from Portland, OR, to Boise, Salt Lake, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, LA, San Francisco, Portland. Two people, plenty of luggage space, top off through the Utah canyons and 35 mpg!
corsepervita
^^^ I remember you telling me this story - Very cool! That would be an absolute blast!
markb
QUOTE(corsepervita @ Apr 27 2010, 09:49 AM) *

welcome.png

I think it's great just the way it is.
dion9146
Beautiful car. Love the color combo of the interior.

Welcome

Dion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.