Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Porsche swap meets in Chicagoland area for 2010
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Hersheywas to far for me and the Stoddard swap meet on June 12th, while closer than Hershey it is still almost 6 hours from me.

Anyone know of any Porsche Swap meets in the Chicagoland area or within a few hours drive from there?

BigDBass
Frustrating, isn't it? sad.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Every year there is a guy in Portage In. that hosts a get to geather! Maybe if

we ask real nice he might include a swap allong with it. WE all could beg real

hard!!!! Just a idea!!!!! Dave slap.gif
smontanaro
+1 on Dave's suggestion... biggrin.gif

S
flipb
Maybe you can find a local shop to host a swap in conjunction with the PCA Parade?

St. Charles, Ill., July 3rd through the 9th, 2010

I, uh, won't be there.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Apr 28 2010, 06:47 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Every year there is a guy in Portage In. that hosts a get to geather! Maybe if

we ask real nice he might include a swap allong with it. WE all could beg real

hard!!!! Just a idea!!!!! Dave slap.gif

Well I don't have my shop space anymore, but I feel there should be something. We will still have our BBQ this year, but it may be back at my house.

I will do some checking with our local park system and see what it would take to pull some thing like this off.
ttwitc9516
God bless Mid America for buying Tweeks and fouling that one up. Still pisses me off.
BigDBass
Let's revive the Midwest Classic! Or would that be Midwest Ramble now?
BigDBass
I wanna see some other Chicagoland 914s! ( ninja.gif icon_bump.gif )
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 28 2010, 10:06 AM) *

Maybe you can find a local shop to host a swap in conjunction with the PCA Parade?

St. Charles, Ill., July 3rd through the 9th, 2010

We have talked about a swap meet / get together/ wrenching, something at my shop for awhile. Maybe we could set something up. I have a small shop in South Elgin and we could get together here. There really isn't much here as I am in an industrial park. No twisty trails or anything of the sort. We could have a nice swap meet and bbq. A little wrenching maybe. I am thinking the 3rd would be best but I am open. Lets get a head count to see who is interested and what dates work best.
gms
Mark I am in, something around parade would be good for me
GeorgeRud
It would be nice to have another 914 get-together/swap meet in the Chicago area. July 3rd is the opening day for the Porsche Parade in St. Charles, so there may be some problem for those of us that are going to the Parade, but I'd love to see something. Also, South Elgin is a short drive from St. Charles, so that would be nice.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 28 2010, 09:46 AM) *

It would be nice to have another 914 get-together/swap meet in the Chicago area. July 3rd is the opening day for the Porsche Parade in St. Charles, so there may be some problem for those of us that are going to the Parade, but I'd love to see something. Also, South Elgin is a short drive from St. Charles, so that would be nice.

I am open to what day we have it on. I have doubts anyone will want it during the week although that is still open. the best dates are Friday the second, Saturday the 3rd or Sunday the 4th.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 28 2010, 10:15 AM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 28 2010, 09:46 AM) *

I am open to what day we have it on. I have doubts anyone will want it during the week although that is still open. the best dates are Friday the second, Saturday the 3rd or Sunday the 4th.

icon_bump.gif

It would be fun to have a get together but if there isn't any interest then I will quit cleaning up the shop. beerchug.gif
qa1142
I am in as soon as my car is back from Brad's

popcorn[1].gif
ChicagoPete
I posted this very same question on Early911S about what, if anything, was happening with "The Lake Affair" up in Lake Geneva???

I missed last year's event and was hoping to find the same thing happening this year and got no answers.

http://www.thelakeaffair.com/

Peter
BigDBass
On 6/13, there's a Chicago PCA charity show/parade. Thread here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1327861

Sorry to cross-post but I figured folks in our area are subscribed to this thread.
GeorgeRud
The Lake Affair sounds like a nice event. I wonder if they will do it again. Years ago, there was a Swap Meet up at the Oshkosh Air Museum, and was also worth the drive up there.

I think that if it's a combined Porsche event (911, 914, 356, etc.), you'd get a lot more interest, but it's a lot of work. Though eBay does a great job of getting parts moved around, it's not as much fun as searching through a nice swap meet. I enjoy meeting the people as much as looking at the parts!
GaroldShaffer
Hey gang. Julie and I have been kicking around some dates for our annual 914 BBQ. It is looking like either August 14th OR 21st.

It will be back at our house this year since I don't have the shop anymore (sniff Long story) But good news is the home garage does have AC so if it is to hot there will be a place to cool off. biggrin.gif

I will start a new thread for the event, so stay tuned......
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I am in for anything, and if I have sold my 914 by then, I will come ANYWAY!

Dave slap.gif

etcmss
so keep us posted on where and when---we will all appreciate talking endlessly to someone that is interested in our problems (about our cars)
1988Hawk
QUOTE(BigDBass @ May 27 2010, 11:26 AM) *

I wanna see some other Chicagoland 914s! ( ninja.gif icon_bump.gif )

I'm interested!

Jim
Libertyville IL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.