Having two kids I have finally outgrown my GTi 1.8T. I can not fit the wife, and both children in it.

I just bought a new daily, a 98 1.8T Quattro and need to sell my GTi to fund other projects.

I daily drove this car for about 2 years with a 3071R, maintained it an insane amount, constantly monitoring and repairing/improving.

You could seriously drop the oil pan and eat off the inside of this motor, and if you put a stethoscope up to the oil pan or head, you will be amazed how quiet it is.

It has been adult owned and maintained since day 1, and is not a toy. The car is pretty damn quick, and will surprise a LOT of things.

I am the 2nd owner and can put you into contact with the first owner who purchased a brand new longblock from VW to have installed before I bought the car!

A/C Works, power steering works and has been kept filled with CHF11 hydraulic mineral oil per factory spec.

Car has had regular G12 and distilled water coolant changes also, very anal about that.

Car was also just aligned about 7000 miles ago. It is on the alignment rack regularly.

All the car needs is a little body work, and MBS to adjust the downpipe exit angle and build a midpipe to connect it to the catback. I have been driving it open downpipe for a month smile.gif

I have a set of 22" M&H slicks mounted on stock avus wheels to go with the car, they have 8 passes total on them and the rubber is still great. The car has never been run with slicks yet since it was my daily and I did not want to break it.

*NO* oil leaks or coolant leaks.

All exhaust hardware was machined 100% flat by my machine shop a month and a half ago, that was 300$ worth of just machine work. It was of course put together with stainless nordloc washers and jet nuts.

Specs:

2001 GTi 1.8T. 160k on the shell. 60k on the motor.

Engine:
Stock low mileage AWW bottom end, 60k on it. longblock, 185psi compression across the board.
Metal water pump
Ina engineering Kevlar timing belt
Manual timing tensioner
all new seals, rear main seal.
VR6 lightweight steel flywheel and clutch, 20k, no slipping or issues.
ATW Small port head with 5000 miles on it.
Pagparts T3 log 3071R Turbo kit.
Godspeed FMIC
Real Garret 3071R Ball bearing turbo 35,000 miles, 0 shaft play!
Tial MVS 38mm wastegate
Tial 50mm V2 blow off valve
Car has been run and is tuned for 1bar of wastegate pressure.
Eurodyne Maestro Mafless, currently with 630cc injectors.
Walbro 255 inline pump
All earls, and russel anodized AN fittings, AN -6 and -4 lines, no cheap rubber leaky stuff here. Anodized banjo fittings to the turbine.
Polished & mic'd stock camshafts & camshaft bearing surfaces.
AUdi 1.8T coilpack heatshield.
External wastegate dump
Silicon boost and vacuum lines.
Compression test cold 185-195 PSI across all 4 cylinders!
Brand new coilpack harness 1 week old
BKR7E plugs gapped to .28
ARP Head bolts
brand new head gasket when the small port went on after the plastic pump failure.
Block surface is/was straight, verified with a starrett straight edge.

Just had an oil change, with a K&N AEB filter put on.( more capacity, very high grade element) NEVER HAD A FRAM OR CRAP FILTER SINCE NEW!

The car has had nothing but Total Quartz 9000 since break in and Amsoil 5w40 VW approved euro oil.

The lifters and cams are very quiet, thanks to the polishing.

Transmission/drivetrain
APTuning built 02J with quaife, 02A solid keys, and other O2A bits internal that APTuning uses to upgrade the 02J box.
Stock EMPI axles.
50k on all 4 new wheel bearings, no noise or play.
Forcefed solid shifter bracket bushings
Solid shifter end adjuster bushings as well.
02A metal slave cylinder
USP Motorsports stainless steel clutch line
APTuning spherical bearing dogbone mount
5000 miles on a 20$ per quart motul gear oil fill
VF Engineering drivers and passenger side engine mounts.
0 grinds or guesswork going into any gear, this thing is butter probably as good as you can get without treating stock gears or going to a different gearset, and adding a pinion brace.

Suspension
Bilstein PSS9 coilovers
Powerflex polyurethan rear axle beam bushings
Prothan front poly control arm bushings
Powerflex steering rack bushing.
Balljoints have 30k and no play
Tie rods have 30k, and no play.
15k on new strut mounts and bearings.
S3 upper strut brace.

Body
Shaved rear bumper
Hood could use a respray, front bumper could use a respray
Roof could use a respray or compounding.
Some scratches here or there
The car is not a show car. It is a daily drivable racecar. With little effort it could be a very good looking show car as well. I keep it clean and waxed even though the body is again not anything show quality. But not junkyard ready or deplorable either.

I drove this car half across the country, daily in Maryland/DC Traffic and aside from when the original plastic waterpump went, it has been 100% reliable.

0 electrical gremlins, every ground point has been cleaned. All sensor harness have had a zinc paste treatment to avoid sensor connector corrosion, this is my baby. I can not stress enough how proper I attempted to keep everything.

No electrical tape and hidden things to haunt you later here.

Pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The dieselgeek is not on the car anymore, I still have it on my wife's car. It is no good for racing or syncro health, as is the B&M. That is why the trans still shifts so well..... Boatloads of time on this car.

Take note of how clean the piston crowns are, this was done by myself. Like I said you can eat out of the inside of this motor....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Will be taking more pictures over the next few days, but if you are local and want to see it PM me.

Bear with me, two kids, job and wife it may take a bit for more pics......

9500$