Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever seen a craigslist ad that's looks to good to be true?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I ran across a craigslist ad a couple weeks back on the east coast that was advertising some 914 heat manifolds for $200. OK...my ears perkup when I noticed the ad just came out. Sure enough a nice looking set of stainless 2ltr exchangers...too good to be true. Anyway get an email back saying "doesn't do paypal" and to please call in the morning.

Shoot...by then I figure all the east coast buzzards chowtime.gif would be circling and hunt this seller down--he even posted his phone number.

To make a long story short, after some phone calls back and forth, a week passing to figure out shipping, and time for a money order to get to Georgia, I get one last phone call...you know, the one you get when the the seller has changed their mind, etc etc. sad.gif

Well, this seller , an older gentleman and 914 enthusiast from way back in the day made me smile. First he said that he learned that he probably sold the exchangers too cheap, never post your phone number, couldn't belive the lucrative offers people (yeah, you 914 buzzards) offered him to sell the exhchanger to them, but he turned them all down because I was the first and we "made a deal." Then he went on to say that he owed me some money (My teeth almost fell out)...UPS had over quoted the shipping cost...I couldn't believe my ears. I couldn't thank him enough for his sense of honor, declining any sort of refund. Amazing..... smilie_pokal.gif

And here's what showed-up yesterday, after being pulled out of the seller's basement after an 18 year nap... smile.gif
RJMII
oooh, shiny!

You got one heck of a deal! congrats for finding a Craigslister with integrity!
JRust
You know Mark. Sometimes you flat out disgust me dry.gif
76-914
Headlines read:
West Coast Buzzard Makes off with Loot as Agitated East Coast Buzzards Circle Overhead poke.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
GeorgeRud
It's nice to know that there are still some honorable people out there. It used to be that a handshake was your word, and you'd stand by the choices you made. Very refreshing, and I'm sure that he's also happy that they went to a person that will appreciate and use them.

championgt1
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 28 2010, 07:11 PM) *

You know Mark. Sometimes you flat out disgust me dry.gif

lol-2.gif Nice score!
orange914
nice!!!

remember this one
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105362

that lead to this one
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1295676

biggrin.gif
bdstone914
Nice but I got some new ones.
poke.gif
EdwardBlume
Cool story... there are good people in this world... smoke.gif
JRust
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 28 2010, 09:43 PM) *

Nice but I got some new ones.
poke.gif

biggrin.gif Me too! Thanks Bruce
Jeffs9146
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Good for you!!!! I got screwed!!!!!! mad.gif

Yep this one was me!!

I had an agreement with the seller to purchase the wheels and someone offered him more money after I had driven 1.4 hours one way to pick them up and paid a bridge toll! When I got there he said he couldn't sell them that cheep! I feel that when a seller says that the price is firm, and confirms that he will not negociate it, that it is a done deal!!? I know you guys want this stuff and I do too but come on I spent 1/2 the day to get this deal and someone from here said he could get way more if they sold them to them! It cost me $$$ just to drive out!!

Rant over!

I will remember this! What goes around comes around!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.