Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worst 914 hacks - What have you seen?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
I have had at least a dozen 914 pars cars and seem some really interesting hack repairs. I did not see this one personally but my friend Sean checked out a tweakers car that had four holes cut in the inner longs for speakers.
Who can top that?

Bruce
EdwardBlume
This won't top it.. but Dad's car had a wooden board for battery tray for about 10 years...
URY914
These type of threads make me sad...........
dflesburg
Click to view attachment
dflesburg
Click to view attachment
majkos
I don't know where this came from, but I saved it.
Looks like the little 914 T-bone the mighty SUV, NOT.
Click to view attachment
majkos
Why chop this 914 up!?

That's a HACK job sawzall-smiley.gif
Click to view attachment
sean_v8_914
I wish I had taken a pic of the 4 longitudinal speakers
biosurfer1
The wonderful PO of my car decided it would be a good idea to drill into a perfectly good chrome front bumper to install those stupid black tits chair.gif headbang.gif
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(majkos @ Apr 29 2010, 07:41 AM) *

I don't know where this came from, but I saved it.
Looks like the little 914 T-bone the mighty SUV, NOT.
Click to view attachment

I love the fact that a 914 is on the site wreckedEXOTICS !!
We finally gots ourselves some respect. We are now driving an exotic sportscar. aktion035.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 29 2010, 06:01 AM) *

Doh! "So close. Missed it by this_____much. I told you guys to lean backwards not forwards!"
Sleepin
Seems this has turned into "914's in the worst uncompromising positions" thread:
IPB Image
jt914-6
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 29 2010, 08:01 AM) *

Three people in a 914?? Isn't that against the law??? OH, wait....I once had three people and a golden retreiver in mine on a trip to the store..... biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
huh.gif
zy84
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 29 2010, 05:01 AM) *

Where was the third guy sitting is what I would like to know. confused24.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(zy84 @ Apr 29 2010, 01:23 PM) *

I have a middle seat in my 914 don't you? There's no seat belt but it's padded biggrin.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(zy84 @ Apr 29 2010, 01:23 PM) *

I believe the old joke is that he was "skiing"

chowtime.gif (without the fork and knife...)
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 29 2010, 12:42 PM) *

huh.gif

confused24.gif I love this car wub.gif
tradisrad
IPB Image
is this a Lotus?
tat2dphreak
nothing BAD per se... but my DAPO was fond of redneck engineering

trunks sprayed with bedliner (that SHIT DOES NOT COME OFF)..

the trunk was repaired with normal sheet metal it appears, too.

same with the battery tray, they bent it "kinda right" after fixing the hell hole.... but it's not quite right... little stuff like that... they knew WHAT to fix, but just chose "HOW" wrong sometimes... for that reason I would never try to do a full-strip resto on this car... just too much.

oh, forgot to add how they DAPO painted the chrome bumpers, and chrome trim... thanks, a$$hole, I could have buffed it out easier than re-chroming.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Apr 29 2010, 02:06 PM) *

IPB Image
is this a Lotus?

Don't think so, 914 door for sure and tailights are 914. Kit maybe?
PeeGreen 914
I don't remember the story but it is a 914 and I think they made a handfull of these
GTeener
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 29 2010, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Apr 29 2010, 02:06 PM) *

IPB Image
is this a Lotus?

Don't think so, 914 door for sure and tailights are 914. Kit maybe?

Prototype:
www.flickr.com/photos/ davydutchy/198701506/
veltror
It is not a Lotus it is the Eurostyle Goertz Kombi, it was fully road legal 914/6. Still survives. I think the Tapiro is better looking.

Roman
EdwardBlume
Harrold & Maude?
GTeener
idea.gif
ahdoman
One of the PO's of my yellow car did a lot of "creative" wiring. Here's a pic off all the non-stock wiring I took out of the car.

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
DACO = dumb ass current owner

GT style tach install : )

cstone12
I recently inspected my longs to discover that a PO had repaired the rust holes with duct tape, fiberglass and bondo. Apparently he thought it was a boat...

IPB Image

While peeling off all of the junk I found something another PO had done (that's PO as in Previous Occupant though).

IPB Image
sww914
One of my cars had a piece of 1/2" by 4" iron arc welded between the suspension console and the engine shelf on one side. You can't arc weld 1/2" to sheet metal. It burned through the sheet metal almost all the way across, only 2 little bb sized gobs were making any contact. There wasn't any associated failure. WTF? Why would anyone do that? It looked like some tractor mechanic did it. What did they expect the thin little engine shelf to support?
Tom
This is funny to me about what the DAPO did, but, what does it say about who bought it without inspecting properly?
Just a thought! biggrin.gif
Tom
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
I could have saved more Parts sawzall-smiley.gif

Click to view attachment
carr914
What the Hell was plymouth Thinking about? biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

sean_v8_914
xghjgfj
sean_v8_914
bondo-lishious
sean_v8_914
chunky, no raisins
sean_v8_914
just paint over the rust, that will make it go away
rwilner
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Apr 29 2010, 07:06 PM) *

One of the PO's of my yellow car did a lot of "creative" wiring. Here's a pic off all the non-stock wiring I took out of the car.

Click to view attachment

barf.gif
sean_v8_914
or....bondo this.
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachmentnot exactly a HACK, but it gets my taste buds goin smile.gif
Marty
carr914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 29 2010, 10:41 PM) *

or....bondo this.

Wholey Moley, That might be a Winner sad.gif
poorsche914
This one is currently on ebay...

IPB Image
Van
I once had a part car that the PO "repaired" by filling the longs with Great Stuff expanding foam... I took the roof off, and it still broke in half.
IronHillRestorations
Here's a pic of a car that was brought to me for a brake job. I told the poor lady the car wasn't worth what a total brake rebuild was going to cost.Click to view attachment
That's all fiberglass on the rear of the longitudinal. "He's an artist with that kitty hair"
gandalf_025
Back in the mid 70's a local Porsche Dealer took a 914 in on trade for a 911.
They cleaned the 914 up and sold it for top dollar. A few weeks later, the new 914 owner brought the car back because the keys didn't work in all the locks.
After some investigating, they found out that the car had been pieced together from 2 wrecked cars. Someone did some pretty fancy welding to put it back together and then undercoated the hell out of it. As I remember, there was some serious legal actions happening and the guy got his money back.
After hearing that, a friend did the same with an MGB I think he had to grind a little off the doors to get them to fit properly.. But. You couldn't tell without looking under it
1968Cayman
Why hasn't anyone mentioned how cool it is that those three idiots in the 914 actually MADE the jump across the bridge gap? C'mon! Dukes of Hazard, baby!!

Worst thing I've ever seen someone do to a 914 was carefully sandblast the car, prime it . . . and leave it out in the woods for several years. Current car. And, no, you can't see the pics . . . yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.