Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DeAnza Autocross: May 16
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bfrymire
Just what it says.

Anyone going? I am planning on going, and that is with an unrunning car at the moment! Acck. Confidence or ???

-- brett
realred914
details anyone??????????
bfrymire
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 29 2010, 07:06 AM) *

details anyone??????????

http://www.deanza.edu/eventscalendar/view_...p;date=20090517

If you have not signed up, you need to do it NOW. There are about 50 or so entries left when I spoke to Peggy.

Here's the entry form. Peggy and Dennis do a lot of the admin work for this. Good people...

http://www.norcalufo.org/main/attachments/...ntry%5B1%5D.pdf

-- brett
Porcharu
Why does Peggy and Dennis so SO familiar? The Hales maybe? DeAnza was my first Auto-x and I won my class! First and only time.
bfrymire
QUOTE(Porcharu @ Apr 29 2010, 06:54 PM) *

Why does Peggy and Dennis so SO familiar? The Hales maybe? DeAnza was my first Auto-x and I won my class! First and only time.

Yep, that is them, the Hales.

-- brett
Porcharu
Some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting.
bfrymire
Bump for the autocross this weekend at DeAnza college. Starts at 9 AM.

(Still trying to get my car back together for this Sunday. Accckkk...)

-- brett
Chris Pincetich
Brett - have you raced with PCA yet? Their LPR and GGR autocross (AX) races area a good value, typically 8-12 runs a day. I saw the Duel at DeAnza, but I like more seat time. This Saturday May 15th and June 12-13 are GGR PCA AX races at Alameda Naval Base, we use an old runway along the water. June 12-13 is the "Mid-Engined Shootout" which used to be the 914 Shootout until so many Boxters started the challenge. Come on up to Alameda, it's fun! beerchug.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ May 12 2010, 12:59 PM) *

Brett - have you raced with PCA yet? Their LPR and GGR autocross (AX) races area a good value, typically 8-12 runs a day. I saw the Duel at DeAnza, but I like more seat time. This Saturday May 15th and June 12-13 are GGR PCA AX races at Alameda Naval Base, we use an old runway along the water. June 12-13 is the "Mid-Engined Shootout" which used to be the 914 Shootout until so many Boxters started the challenge. Come on up to Alameda, it's fun! beerchug.gif

No doubt! For me, that fun is friendly competition with my friends, who don't drive Porsche's. So, PCA is out for them. I belong to PCA, but have never gone to an event!

-- brett
Mr G Force
Pretty sure Bill C will be there in his 914. I'm sitting this one out. Lots of waiting around, 2 hour long tech lines for one run really isnt my cup of tea. More fun to go and watch it in my opinion!

Borderline
I'll be there bright and early. should be a good time. More of a social event and car show than anything else.
bfrymire
QUOTE(Borderline @ May 13 2010, 05:23 PM) *

I'll be there bright and early. should be a good time. More of a social event and car show than anything else.

agree.gif

Yep, that is one of the reasons for going. I get to hang around with my car buddies. The other half doesn't understand. smile.gif

-- brett
bfrymire
Picture! Had a great time. I actually managed to make the car slower. sad.gif I made too many changes and did not have time to sort the car. Oh, well. This is for fun.

Waiting on the grid

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

bfrymire
And my car...

Click to view attachment

I loaned my camera to someone to video the run, but.... They didn't know how to work it, and got nothing. I did get vids of the other two 914s, and will add a link.

-- brett
bfrymire
QUOTE(Borderline @ May 13 2010, 05:23 PM) *

You got a great time Bill! Beat me soundly. smile.gif I have a video of you running.

-- brett
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.