Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to Vote May/June COTM! Just point and click!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rick 918-S
Picture # 1
Click to view attachment

Picture # 2
Click to view attachment

Picture # 3
Click to view attachment

Picture # 4
Click to view attachment

Picture # 5
Click to view attachment
effutuo101
tough call. All of them are great!
PeeGreen 914
Paul gets my vote this time around beerchug.gif All very nice cars.
Very Tough Competetion this month indeed !!!
6freak
Love to see a tight race ......I went with the race car this time ...cool
EdwardBlume
Very nice all the way around.... agree.gif
RJMII
I nominate Bovey for automatic second place...

Way tough call; they've all got character and are all nice cars.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 29 2010, 12:48 PM) *

I don't have a car anymore poke.gif
jk76.914
These are great looking cars. All of them. When we get to 12 COTMs (maybe we're there already?) we should publish a 914.world 2011 calendar. I'd buy several for home, work, etc.

Best of the best.

Jim
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 29 2010, 01:20 PM) *

After seeing your car you should consult... you would have a field day with my roughly assembled race car...
Andyrew
as it stands in random order...

Thats pretty darn close!!!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 29 2010, 03:33 PM) *

After seeing your car you should consult... you would have a field day with my roughly assembled race car...

Always happy to lend a hand or give advice. I love these little cars aktion035.gif They are too fun on the track and autocross course. Anyone who hasn't tried NEEDS to go out and do it.

One of the reasons I voted for Paul is his passion for autocrossing his 914 and getting it down to weighing 1 lb smilie_pokal.gif
NORD

They are all good looking cars smilie_pokal.gif

I had to vote for the Panasports #3
balljoint
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 29 2010, 07:11 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 29 2010, 03:33 PM) *

Always happy to lend a hand or give advice. I love these little cars aktion035.gif They are too fun on the track and autocross course. Anyone who hasn't tried NEEDS to go out and do it.

One of the reasons I voted for Paul is his passion for autocrossing his 914 and getting it down to weighing 1 lb smilie_pokal.gif

I voted for Paul because of the deep respect that I feel for him on account of starting the HotChicks thread. That and the things I have seen him do to that car he has owned for sooooo long. BTW say hi to your sister for me Jon. wink.gif
ChrisFoley
I like the green on green.
lotus_65
good group, closest vote i can recall...
Click to view attachment
scotty
Nice! All look great...but the nod went to the one closest to the Matchbox color
carr914
I'm telling you, this Voting thing is tough - Now I know why there is No Polititics in the Sandbox.

#1 - A Beauty - I Love it

#2 THOMAS's - somebody is going to get a very nice car

#3 What's not to Love about a Turbo & Minis(Panasports)

#4 I contribrited - Those are my Wheels

#5 URY914, - a Great Poster - #6 & climbing, Superb A/Xer, A Great Friend ( thanks for the trailer ride home tonight). BUT Damn, That's ME in the Drivers Seat - What more do you need - Vote #5
ottox914
OK, I'll start with the sales-pitching... vote for the turbo car! Not only is is good looking, but it plays, and slays, in the cones.
Dual purpose at its finest.

The first one is an event where I finished 3rd on raw time- behind a supercharged XP miata making 280 at the wheels, and just a tenth behind a supercharged S2K putting over 300 down to 315 rear tires.

The second photo was the car pre turbo, finishing top 10 again. I crushed my buddy in the Boxster S parked behind in the picture.

The third one is a little turbo goodness... at Road America 2 yrs ago, at the vintage event, I signed up for the noon time laps. The guy in the Porsche C4 in front of us was looking over the car before we entered the track, and asked if that was a big air cleaner between the weber carbs... we passed him into turn 1.

The last one is that same year at RA. I camp out there, and Joe from GRM camps a couple spots down from me. We got to talking and drinking a little, and he slips me a pit pass to bring the car around and put it on display at the GRM tent. Hanging out across the paddock and watching the expressions when folks figured out what REALLY was going on was priceless...
MAYcar
Yellow cars are always fast!
Mr.242

agree.gif

His mini-van for 2nd place.....yea okay, I 2nd that 2nd place nomination! beerchug.gif

Okay, this is definately a cool group of cars! Reality bites hard in this months voting because it's not 1st place that really should matter, it's the fact someone could be taking over the perpetual 2nd Place Trophy. poke.gif

King Bovey, who you passing the throne too? idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
ConeDodger
Yopu makes me go to church on Sunday and always asks "what did you pray for honey?" I tell her "I prayed for us honey - and thanked God that Parsons and his turbo car aren't in our region"

But he got my love today. That little gokart is a rocket! Vote #3!!! biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2010, 07:14 AM) *

Yopu makes me go to church on Sunday and always asks "what did you pray for honey?" I tell her "I prayed for us honey - and thanked God that Parsons and his turbo car aren't in our region"

But he got my love today. That little gokart is a rocket! Vote #3!!! biggrin.gif

lol-2.gif but doesn't he know you can't turbo a 914 poke.gif

I wish he was in my region... I want to drive his car w00t.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 29 2010, 07:00 PM) *

I'm telling you, this Voting thing is tough - Now I know why there is No Polititics in the Sandbox.

#1 - A Beauty - I Love it

#2 THOMAS's - somebody is going to get a very nice car

#3 What's not to Love about a Turbo & Minis(Panasports)

#4 I contribrited - Those are my Wheels

#5 URY914, - a Great Poster - #6 & climbing, Superb A/Xer, A Great Friend ( thanks for the trailer ride home tonight). BUT Damn, That's ME in the Drivers Seat - What more do you need - Vote #5

agree.gif but now that I know it is T.C. in the drivers seat I would like to change my vote poke.gif happy11.gif
McMark
Green on Green! I wub.gif it.
Brent
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 30 2010, 09:18 AM) *

Green on Green! I wub.gif it.

Same here! Not a fan of bumper tits or Empi's.
ottox914
Panasports, baby, and these are the light weight "for racing purposes only" rims- they don't have any machining in the center bore for a retaining clip for a center cap as the street rims would have. The bumper tits are a sad fact of life with a '73.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Apr 30 2010, 11:42 AM) *

The bumper tits are a sad fact of life with a '73.

They come off poke.gif
Elliot Cannon
WTF.gif kinda stromberg.gif is this? You only get to vote once? lol-2.gif
Pat Garvey
I liked most of them. But you know me. I'm jst a teeny bit of a purist.

So, why did I vote for #4? Because the wheels were right for the car! They set the car off perfectly.
jt914-6
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 30 2010, 07:25 PM) *

I liked most of them. But you know me. I'm jst a teeny bit of a purist.

So, why did I vote for #4? Because the wheels were right for the car! They set the car off perfectly.

Thanks Pat....also thanks to T. C. who sold me the rears, plus he delivered them to Alex Margo for polishing and thanks to Alex for the fronts and the polished/hand painted crest center caps....They were a Christmas gift to the car from it's proud owner...... I mean Santa biggrin.gif
bcheney
All are beautiful in their own right ! Gotta give some extra love to the narrow yellow mini clad cruiser!!
markb
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 30 2010, 04:48 PM) *

WTF.gif kinda stromberg.gif is this? You only get to vote once? lol-2.gif

agree.gif Very nice cars!
Eddie914
Congrats to all.

The only way my teener will ever get nominated is if the car of the month is changed to the "Track Rat of the Month".

Most of my time and effort is being focused on my three hopefuls for "student of the month".

The details on my teener will have to wait ... at least it is fast and reliable!

Cheers,

Eddie
ottox914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 30 2010, 11:33 AM) *

They come off poke.gif

I know they do, but am a little concerned about the ugliness of the mounting hole that would remain. I may have to pull them off anyway just to see what I'm left with, and what I can come up with to deal with it. There is a website for "bumperplugs" of all things that may have a chrome plug that would work... Just one more pic, the end without the bumper tits, and with the stealth boost install.
Frost
I had to go with the green #2, it just looks soo good! I think i tied it for the moment too.
gary g

so I love buttercup, and all the others, really

#4 is just to awsome
and it got my vote
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ottox914 @ May 1 2010, 06:15 AM) *

They come off poke.gif

I know they do, but am a little concerned about the ugliness of the mounting hole that would remain. I may have to pull them off anyway just to see what I'm left with, and what I can come up with to deal with it. There is a website for "bumperplugs" of all things that may have a chrome plug that would work... Just one more pic, the end without the bumper tits, and with the stealth boost install.

Should just pick up some black ones and take the tits off those.... save the nice chrome ones for later wink.gif
jt914-6
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Just wanted to let you guys and gals know that it is not just another pretty face.....it has a purpose in life...I'm at a DE at Hallett Oklahoma this weekend. The NARP is working hard for me. Let a GT-3 by me on the outlap and chased it down and passed him. BTW had a brain fart and took the uphill turn to the right in fourth instead of the usual third right after he passed me. That turn is called "the bitch". It's the turn in the background in the pic.
Here it is..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NFYbg1KSZU

Click to view attachment
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 1 2010, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(ottox914 @ May 1 2010, 06:15 AM) *

They come off poke.gif

Should just pick up some black ones and take the tits off those.... save the nice chrome ones for later wink.gif

agree.gif with Jon. Save those chrome bumpers from being damaged when racing. They are too purty. wub.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 1 2010, 08:30 PM) *

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Just wanted to let you guys and gals know that it is not just another pretty face.....it has a purpose...I'm at a DE at Hallett Oklahoma this weekend. The NARP is working hard for me. Let a GT-3 by me on the outlap and chased it down and passed him. Will have the proof on Youtube soon......

Click to view attachment

Awesome vid. Thanks for sharing. Man your car is a beast! Love the sound of your engine!
jt914-6
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ May 1 2010, 11:33 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 1 2010, 08:30 PM) *

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Just wanted to let you guys and gals know that it is not just another pretty face.....it has a purpose...I'm at a DE at Hallett Oklahoma this weekend. The NARP is working hard for me. Let a GT-3 by me on the outlap and chased it down and passed him. Will have the proof on Youtube soon......

Click to view attachment

Awesome vid. Thanks for sharing. Man your car is a beast! Love the sound of your engine!

Come on down tomorrow if it isn't too far for you to......
codices
All are really beautiful but yellow is stricking.

Dave
URY914
My car should be getting 2 votes for every one for the other cars. You see when you vote for my car you're only voting for about half of a 914.

BTW.....

Single owner since 1979
3 time state autox champion
3 time PCA Club Racing Sebring class winner
First place overall LeMans 24 hour race
Indy 500 pole and race winner
carr914
Paul, I don't get it confused24.gif . Maybe we need to start our own 914 website ( it's not like there are too many already) and our cars can be COTM every month.

I never reset my HomePage on the Club and when it comes on it's my COTM from 2 years ago smilie_pokal.gif

T.C.

VOTE #5
JoeSharp
While I was doing my corrner working duties yesterday Thomas was fixing Carerror. Not only does he have a grate car but he takes good care of his team mates. He has put an awful lot of work on another COTM also. We all remember Linda's NICE 914. Thank you Thomas.
ottox914
The 5th is fast approaching- we need to "boost" up some love for the yellow turbo car!
Frodefe
Love the mean look of #4 -he's got my vote!
T H O M A S
one more day
effutuo101
Great pic and nice drive!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.