Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flat Tow System SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Porsche Rescue
I have a used Rennenmetal 914 tow bracket, a never used Reese tow bar and a magnetic tow light set.

The bracket has been cut in the middle in order to fit my car. David Lee of Rennenmetal provided a 911 style pre-drilled bar to re-join the two ends. Or a welder could possibly join them once they are bolted to the car. Frankly, I think there is sufficient strength using the two individual brackets.

My pictures are too big to attach here so if you are interested send an email to jimchambers41@hotmail.com and I will send pics direct.

I had intended to tow my 914 behind my motorhome but have sold the car.
I also have a bra which I will include for an additional $25.
BigDBass
Interested but curious about the cutting. Email coming momentarily.
NORD

I also would be interested in the towbar.

PM sent let me know and pictures

Thanks
BigDBass
I'm not ready for flat-towing so I'm passing.

Here are Jim's pics resized for the forum:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dangrouche
Dlee's flat tow bar is a great product. With the tow bar and the lights, this is a good deal.
bdstone914
I second the opinion that it is a good product and that is a good price. I have used mine on several cars and the only problem is variation on the cars to make it fit. One car had some front end damage and we had to use the BFH to get the suspension point moved to match up with the bar. I had to radius the corners of the bar for clearance too. At least in CA you need the safety chains (4) that got to the towed car and to the towing car. They were $40 from U Haul.
wes
PM sent!
Porsche Rescue
Wes, I didn't receive your PM. You can reach me direct at jimchambers41@hotmail.com or phone 541-285-6775.

QUOTE(wes @ Apr 29 2010, 09:19 PM) *

PM sent!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.