Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB:Original rubber speed nuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JimmyG
I am looking for the original rubber type speed nuts that hold the grill and emblems down for what I hope to be correct resto. The ones that I have seen are real expensive! I would think that there would be some out there that could be had at a fair price. Any help?
markb
If you're doing a "correct resto", then do it correctly & use the proper parts. Just my .02.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(JimmyG @ Apr 30 2010, 06:40 AM) *

I am looking for the original rubber type speed nuts that hold the grill and emblems down for what I hope to be correct resto. The ones that I have seen are real expensive! I would think that there would be some out there that could be had at a fair price. Any help?

pelican parts deck lid grill rubber speed nuts ect. The rubber that holds the grill is different than the ones that hold the emblem.. AA has the small grill ones, Pelican the larger badge placement ones.. either will work but you will wish you used the correct ones someday, either loose emblem or can't get the grill off as intened with the big ones used..
JimmyG
I wasn't aware that they where different sizes. I want to do it with the right parts but George wants2+ $ each and I was hoping for a better price than that. I will need quite a few.I looked over the vendor list and did not find any. May have to go with the regular 3 or 4 places. I was thinking that BMW or Mercedes made the same ones or really close copies.
kconway
Try your local Porsche dealership, or Sunset Imports in Portland I think they were about a $1/pc.
JimmyG
Tanks for the tip. I will give it a try.
bdstone914
I have a few used ones that I could part with. I did not know there was a difference between the letter one and th grill ones. I can see if the ones I have fit the grill studs.
Bruce

QUOTE(JimmyG @ Apr 30 2010, 04:40 AM) *

914four
QUOTE(JimmyG @ Apr 30 2010, 08:40 AM) *

Are you that close to getting your car back together and you going to MUSR11? popcorn[1].gif

Kelvin
JimmyG
I hope to have it back together soon Kelvin. Come by and check it out in a couple of weeks. I am going to talk to Jane and see about the ramble. How is your car coming?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.