Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 transmissions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
gandalf_025
I came across 2, 915 transmissions at a friends shop. They were removed and replaced because of bad syncros in 1st and 2nd gear.
That is supposed to be the only issues they had.
I placed a post in the Garage Section last week asking what they might be worth.
The only answer I got was 850.00. I have also seen in some postings that they could be shipped Greyhound anywhere in the U.S. for 100.00

They are located in Massachusetts..

anyone interested ???
Dr Evil
$700 is typical for a core 915, $850 is not unreasonable. They can not be shipped via greyhound if they are over 100lbs, and I am pretty sure they are. FedEx freight may be able to help and is rumored to be inexpensive.
charliew
I'm thinking fed ex fr needs a loading dock to unload if it is over 100lbs. Might want to check first or just say you will pick it up at a local terminal. I've gotten some suby short blocks that weigh 90 to 100 depending on how bad the shipper's scales are, that a 90 lb fed ex lady delivered to my back door.
gandalf_025
A couple of people have asked me for pictures and serial #s
Sorry it took me so long to get these pictures posted. Has been a crazy week.
The transmissions I have come across at this point are these 2.
I took pictures of the serial #s also and included them
as an inset on the top of the pictures of the trans.
One is pretty hard to make out
The first pictured one is # 7357622 as far as I can make out and the second one is
#7151762 That is as much as I can tell, with some guessing on my part.

Dr Evil brings up the point that the 915 probably weighs
over 100lbs and not be able to go Greyhound.
I didn't take into account that the 915 would weight more than a 901.
Shows how much I know about transmissions...

Thank You Dr.. Things could have gotten messy
if I found that out "after the fact"...

FedEx Ground is also mentioned,
So if someone is interested..
we can see what the shipping options are.
Thanks and sorry for any confusion.. Al

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
gandalf_025
here are larger versions of the numbers.
Click to view attachment
carr914
URY914 is taking a 914 to NJ and then heading back to FL. I know he is looking for things to haul back to offset costs. Just a thought to those on the East Coast

bdstone914
Fed ex has a limit of 75 pounds to a home delivery. They rejected a shipment I recently had. I went UPS with no problems. I have to ship a 901 trans from CA to AL. I will see what works out best.
Bruce

QUOTE(charliew @ May 3 2010, 10:46 AM) *

I'm thinking fed ex fr needs a loading dock to unload if it is over 100lbs. Might want to check first or just say you will pick it up at a local terminal. I've gotten some suby short blocks that weigh 90 to 100 depending on how bad the shipper's scales are, that a 90 lb fed ex lady delivered to my back door.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.