Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans parts need help with what the heck they are!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
As the title says, I need help adentifying the trans parts in the pictures to follow. I have tried the PET but the pictures are not good enough for me to be certain. While it would be great if someone could tell me exactly what is here, of which I would be grateful, It would be great if someone could let me know of a good resource with pictures and descriptions so I could identify the thousands of 914/911 trans parts that I have boxed up. Also, let me know what needs to be kept together. Thanks in advance. Picture 1
hwgunner
Picture 2
hwgunner
Picture 3
hwgunner
Picture 4
hwgunner
Picture 5
hwgunner
Picture 6
hwgunner
Picture 7
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 1 2010, 08:36 AM) *

dfg

2 3 4 or 5 dog teeth that press on the gear don't look so bad
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 1 2010, 08:35 AM) *

dfg

1st dog teeth that press on the gear....SHOT!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 1 2010, 08:35 AM) *

dfg

first reverse slider, hard to see but looks just ok not perfect, however it is expensive so you must try to reuse. add a new dog teeth and new syncro and it should be reusable.
hwgunner
Thank you for that DR. However, not knowing what each of the items are, I do not know which each of your posts is refering to. I have edited all of the posts to include a picture # instead of "dfg' so that i can differentiate. Can someone tell me which is what?
sww914
Stop by my shop on Monday and we can lay out all the parts of a tranny on the bench and I can show you what they all do. After you know how they work you will understand what all the parts are.
Love,
Steve
hwgunner
QUOTE(sww914 @ May 1 2010, 10:07 AM) *

Stop by my shop on Monday and we can lay out all the parts of a tranny on the bench and I can show you what they all do. After you know how they work you will understand what all the parts are.
Love,
Steve

I would love to but i just do not have the time to do that. we will figure something out though.
pcar916
The factory documentation and a Haynes manual are good sources for this kind of thing. Have a look at this thread in the Lapuwali section of this forum.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=40904&st=0

There be a lot of good information in there. After that, some time in Steve's shop would be advised. There's nothing like getting hands-on experience if someone's willing to help!!!

Good luck
Dave_Darling
Jonathan, click the little left-pointing reddish arrow in the Doc's quote of your post. It will take you to the post that he is quoting.

--DD
Dr Evil
Jonathan, if you fly me out I will go through the boxes for you smile.gif Seriously.

Let me ID the pics for you, gimme a sec.
Dr Evil
Pic 1:

I - differential without the ring gear. Pretty useless. Heavy, takes up space.

II - First gear dog teeth (engagement hub), shot because the teeth are gone.

III - 1st gear sets. There are two, but they are missing the reverse coupler gear. Not a big deal for 1st as you can use any used one. 1st is already noisy.
Dr Evil
This is a 1st gear slider. Expensive, and yours looks good. The arrow is trying to annotate the teeth. Pointier is better.
Dr Evil
This is a 1st gear set of teeth. You can tell because it has two slots in it (orange arrows). It is past usable as annotated by the yellow arrows which point out where the teeth were, but no longer are.
Dr Evil
This is a 2-5 teeth. Notice the single slot pointed out by the orange arrow. Now compare the pointy teeth on this one to the 1st gear one. This one is slightly used, but totally usable.
sean_v8_914
pic 2,3,4 first gear/ reverse slider in fair cond
sean_v8_914
poor ole number five
McMark
Jonathan, fly Dr. Evil out. You'll make your money back in selling the parts he says are good. Put together 'rebuild packages' with parts checked out and deemed usable.
Dr Evil
What I'm sayin wink.gif agree.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 1 2010, 10:13 PM) *

This is a 2-5 slider. Notice the single slot pointed out by the orange arrow. Now compare the pointy teeth on this one to the 1st gear one. This one is slightly used, but totally usable.

Do you mean teeth rather than slider??

jonathan
Dr Evil
Yes, teeth. I corrected it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.