Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steering wheel Quick Release Question....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wallys914
Any one running this DINO Wheel with a QR? I cant seem to find one that will work with it...?

Click to view attachment
iamchappy
You might try Snap Tekniq. I think there one of the best one out there.

http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/snapoff/snapoff.htm

http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/steeringquickrelease.htm
wallys914
I would love to run this, the Dino bolt pattern is bigger than a sparco/momo bolt pattern. This is where my troubles lay, I have tried a nrg innovations qr today and it was to small of a diameter.
charliew
I went through this awhile back, I think I also have that same wheel, to many paint fumes though, but there is another bolt pattern wheel that is the same, It may be nardi, as I have a few of all of the wheels. Look up wheel adapters. The problem you may have is it will make the wheel set up farther by the additional thickness of the additional adapter. Also thats more screws to come loose.
We also discussed this either here or on club or narp. there is lots of pictures and discussion. One pattern has a larger dia than the other but two different wheels are the same so there is lots of stuff available.

Oh yeah it just came to me. One of the wheels uses a bigger dia screw.

I actuall ruined a very good adapter using it on my son's super beetle only to find out it is nla for the 914.
campbellcj
I have a Nardi/Personal wheel which is a different bolt pattern than Momo & Sparco. If Dino uses one or the other of these patterns, it would give you much better odds of finding a QR hub. I'm not aware of any QR's specifically for Dino.
charliew
I have in the past bought at least two adapters that have both the small and large dia patterns. I may have retapped one of the patterns to the larger dia screw.
RON S.
Chris,
I got mine from Techniq, and the wheel I have is a Personel/Nardi.
it fits fine. I told the guy I had a Personel wheel, and when I got it I notice that the hub was drilled for different bolt patterns.

Ron
iamchappy
From the Tekniq Snap-Off site:

Versions available to fit directly to MOMO/Sparco or TEKNIQ hub adapters. Both versions have a universal 12-bolt pattern to fit all aftermarket steering wheels.
wallys914
Thanks, I will check that out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.