Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front bumperettes -Group buy Product to start shipping week of NOV 1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
These have all stainless internal structure with stainless mounting studs. The density is a heavy foam rubber, about the same density of the originals.

I was really banging my head against the wall on this one. No mater how much pressure we used I couldn't match the exact weight of the used on I had. That was until I got ahold of a NOS one. I noticed it was about the same weight as the ones I had produced.

I don't do much with foam, but aparently this material this material will hold moisture VERY well.

I can make the same weight if I soak the in water for a few hours, but you will notice they feel about 1 lb light. The density is NOT that of a nerf ball (like the first ones). The feel pretty close to OEM, NOS.
Mikey914
More
Mikey914
and more
Mikey914
One more
JRust
Looking good man biggrin.gif Gee where did you find a nice enough set of tits to use for your mold idea.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ May 2 2010, 07:14 PM) *

Looking good man biggrin.gif Gee where did you find a nice enough set of tits to use for your mold idea.gif

Yeh! And where did you get them??? biggrin.gif Come to think of it, I got them from Bruce Stone!!!
ConeDodger
In, along with all the other stuff I am already waiting on...
KELTY360
Here I thought another Hot Chicks thread was starting up. lol-2.gif
JRust
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 2 2010, 08:32 PM) *

Yeh! And where did you get them??? biggrin.gif

Actually Rob the set I sent him were the set I got from Rich in WA. though the set I got from you was beautiful too. The set from Rich were NOS drooley.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ May 2 2010, 07:38 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 2 2010, 08:32 PM) *

Yeh! And where did you get them??? biggrin.gif

Actually Rob the set I sent him were the set I got from Rich in WA. though the set I got from you was beautiful too. The set from Rich were NOS drooley.gif

Geez Jamie, you sure get your hands on a lot of nice titties!! av-943.gif
JRust
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 2 2010, 08:40 PM) *

Geez Jamie, you sure get your hands on a lot of nice titties!! av-943.gif

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
Zimms
I am in for a set.
MDG
Nice! I'm in for a set.
Tom_T
Well Mark, now that I have 3 sets of front tits - one is NOS - I still may opt to go with these in the future for the same reasons I opted for your toppers over OEM - better & denser rubber/plastic & better SS metal bits to last longer.

IIRC these in OEM flavor had a diamond or scissors shaped metal brace inside which will collapse to absorb up to a 3 mph. impact (1st stage of DOT's impact bumpers, 75-76 being stage two 5 mph).

Do your repros have those in SS or solid rubber/plastic?

... if SS, any issues with the SS being less malleable & more brittle than the OEM mild steel/carbon steel?
Rob-O 1167
Very nice.

Not to hijack, but with all the awesome rubber products that Mikey is putting out, has anyone done the drivers side door pull? I've seen the pocket portion of it in fiberglass, but the rubber top (two pieces) I'll bet would sell like hot cakes. I don't think I've seen, and I've definitely never owned, a 914 that didn't have micro-cracking all over it.

Hijack over, Awesome parts Mikey.
ClayPerrine
I have a question.... which cut of meat is the best for a black eye????

Ya see....I read this thread earlier today, and when I saw it again I turned around and said to Betty "Hey...do you need new tits?"

After picking myself up off the floor, and putting ice on my left eye, I explained that I was referring to the bumper tits on a 914.

Now she wants to know something....

If she puts 3 of them on the front of her car, is it officially the triple breasted whore of eroticus six??

BTW.. she wants a set.

Tom_T
Clay - save the steak for the BBQ - bag of frozen peas works as well & doesn't cost as much & the steak tastes better! biggrin.gif

Here's my 2 cents worth - items left from the infamous 1985 Bimbette Run-in of my then freshly restored 73 2L - dry.gif
"Titz in Action" - or "what happens to old titz" ~ they sag & get wrinkly - or "Mashed Titz"! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

popcorn[1].gif

Mikey914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 3 2010, 01:20 PM) *

Well Mark, now that I have 3 sets of front tits - one is NOS - I still may opt to go with these in the future for the same reasons I opted for your toppers over OEM - better & denser rubber/plastic & better SS metal bits to last longer.

IIRC these in OEM flavor had a diamond or scissors shaped metal brace inside which will collapse to absorb up to a 3 mph. impact (1st stage of DOT's impact bumpers, 75-76 being stage two 5 mph).

Do your repros have those in SS or solid rubber/plastic?

... if SS, any issues with the SS being less malleable & more brittle than the OEM mild steel/carbon steel?

My internal structure is shaped as "A" to describe it best. It is stainless and the properties of the 316 that I'm using are very much like the carbon steel, except it will not rust. they will collapse on impact.

Now for the disclaimer on these-
I'm not conducting DOT testing on these, they are to be considered an ornamental item, and are for show car or off road use only.
They will be bagged with this disclaimer on the label.

With that being said, these will be nearly identical to the OEM with the exception of the internal structure and mounts being stainless.
detoxcowboy
mikey I would be interested, on one of the sides is nla..
Mikey914
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 4 2010, 06:48 AM) *

I knew one side was NLA, that's kind of what precipitated this project, I could do just one side, but when you have fresh rubber next to old rubber, the next question usually is how much for the other side?

I may make the sides available individually, but the set price would be best. If there's enough interest I'll commit to the final tooling.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 3 2010, 11:02 PM) *

Clay - save the steak for the BBQ - bag of frozen peas works as well & doesn't cost as much & the steak tastes better! biggrin.gif

Here's my 2 cents worth - items left from the infamous 1985 Bimbette Run-in of my then freshly restored 73 2L - dry.gif
"Titz in Action" - or "what happens to old titz" ~ they sag & get wrinkly - or "Mashed Titz"! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

popcorn[1].gif

I don't have peas in my freezer, I hate peas! icon8.gif barf.gif

And dude.. your car needs a bra!!! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 4 2010, 06:48 AM) *

^ Nope - wrong end! biggrin.gif ....

Joe & Mikey - when I checked last year both sides up front were NLA at the dealers, although someone may have some NOS.

There is one rear tit still available for now (R side IIRC), but fronts & rears are different molds/shapes. I think that is what Joe is thinking is available.

Mark - you're okay on making these fronts with all/both NLA, & you may want to put the rears on a side-burner for the near future - although they're only for one MY in 74 only 914s, which is probably why the one rear is still available, but IIRC even it's part count inventory is down from what someone with a 74 told me (Tom Bliznick might know). smash.gif
tracks914
I can't believe nobody has said this yet (I'm disappointed) but
NICE TITS! drooley.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 3 2010, 11:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

popcorn[1].gif

I don't have peas in my freezer, I hate peas! icon8.gif barf.gif

And dude.. your car needs a bra!!! biggrin.gif

av-943.gif

That's why just about everyone has an unopened bag of the dang peas in their freezer - someone gets them & nobody eats them, so wuddaya do!? I used to use them as ice packs the day after games/matches in my Rugby playing days, but now I'm so decrepit that I keep Advil in business just working on my cars! biggrin.gif

I finally got a bra & 3 sets of titz to transplant - tried implants, but nobody could blow those suckers back up!! lol-2.gif

.... but first I have a whole S-load of bodywork & rust to take care of before she gets re-titted! dry.gif

Clay - those "mashies" were what was left after the Sorority Ditz hit my freshly restored 914 in a UCLA parking structure & pushed it 2 feet into the concrete wall when she "... forgot to turn left & go up the ramp ...." & rammed my 914 full speed ahead in her 78-80 Honda Accord, thereby mashing both ends!!!! blink.gif

.... mind you, I parked on the flat end at the sides & end space specifically to avoid idiots & runaways down the ramps! sad.gif

So something to ponder - are the 70-72 & 75-76 "tit-less" 914's the "boyz" & 73-74 & 75-76 "titted" 914's "girlz"? ... "he" & "she" cars? confused24.gif

Something else to ponder - are 74's what they had in mind when they had that saying: "As useless as Teats on a Pig's Arse"???? confused24.gif

idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 4 2010, 09:49 AM) *

I can't believe nobody has said this yet (I'm disappointed) but
NICE TITS! drooley.gif

We've been waiting for you! biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 12:03 PM) *

So something to ponder - are the 70-72 & 75-76 "tit-less" 914's the "boyz" & 73-74 & 75-76 "titted" 914's "girlz"? ... "he" & "she" cars? confused24.gif

If that is true, then you can explain to my wife that her car, whom has had a male name for 25 years, is actually female.

Tom_T
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 10:13 AM) *

If that is true, then you can explain to my wife that her car, whom has had a male name for 25 years, is actually female.

Pat Garvey has the same problem with his 72 "Fritz" laugh.gif

If her's is "Frodrick" after Young Frankenstein, then Gene Wilder has always been a bit iffy! biggrin.gif

.... maybe you could make her some "danglers" to hang off the back bumper to make her feel better about her dilemma? lol-2.gif

We'd better stop this silliness though, as we're hijacking poor Mikey914's titty thread with our Shenanigans! biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 10:13 AM) *

Pat Garvey has the same problem with his 72 "Fritz" laugh.gif

If her's is "Frodrick" after Young Frankenstein, then Gene Wilder has always been a bit iffy! biggrin.gif

.... maybe you could make her some "danglers" to hang off the back bumper to make her feel better about her dilemma? lol-2.gif

We'd better stop this silliness though, as we're hijacking poor Mikey914's titty thread with our Shenanigans! biggrin.gif

Yes, It is Frodrick... and I could get her some of those fake testicles that hang under truck bumpers. Maybe that would help?

piratenanner.gif Arruughh!! hijacked.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 11:50 AM) *

Yes, It is Frodrick... and I could get her some of those fake testicles that hang under truck bumpers. Maybe that would help?

"Nice grouping!" blink.gif

... we saw it 7 or 8 times when it came out, & used to be could quote any appropriate or inappropriate line from it as needed! biggrin.gif
... of course it was only a buck or two to see a movie then folks! dry.gif

Sorry Mikey, couldn't resist - I'm an irreverent Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Monty Python, Faulty Towers, Bennie Hill, Red Sketon, etc. fan, & passed the disease onto my 21 year old son with DVDs of them all! biggrin.gif

"Where's Poppa?" is playing this week on THIS network, but don't miss the gorilla suit opener! lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 2 2010, 07:56 PM) *

Check out my tits -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nx5Ja3CWmY

av-943.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 02:34 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 11:50 AM) *

"Nice grouping!" blink.gif

... we saw it 7 or 8 times when it came out, & used to be could quote any appropriate or inappropriate line from it as needed! biggrin.gif
... of course it was only a buck or two to see a movie then folks! dry.gif

Sorry Mikey, couldn't resist - I'm an irreverent Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Monty Python, Faulty Towers, Bennie Hill, Red Sketon, etc. fan, & passed the disease onto my 21 year old son with DVDs of them all! biggrin.gif

"Where's Poppa?" is playing this week on THIS network, but don't miss the gorilla suit opener! lol-2.gif

More appropriate to this thread....

What knockers lol-2.gif
914four
I need a set of front as well as rear for my restoration.

Kelvin
Mikey914
The rears could be made, but the cost may be prohibitive, unless there is some volume. With a single year, that may not happen, but we'll see. Right now there's not allot of interest in the fronts.
montoya 73 2.0
I'm be interested in two sets but I have "another" bill to get straight with you first!
Tom_T
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 4 2010, 09:00 PM) *

The rears could be made, but the cost may be prohibitive, unless there is some volume. With a single year, that may not happen, but we'll see. Right now there's not allot of interest in the fronts.

Mark - I'm not sure that a couple of days, weeks or even months is a true test of the demand out there for either type.

While this involves only 1 or 2 model years of production - they were the peak production years involving approximately 40-50% of the total production of all 914/4s for the 6 MYs involved.

I used the crude method of splitting 50% of the production for the production by calendar year in the 914 info section here for the 73 & 74 MYs, & come up with roughly 49,000+/- 73 & 74 MY 914's produced with front tits, & 22,700 of those as 74 MYs with rear tits - out of roughly 115,000 toal 914/4's produced in 70-76 MYs.

So roughly 20% of all 914/4's had both front & rear tits, & almost 43% had front tits ~ not bad odds.

Also consider that roughly 24,000+ or 21% were the more popular 73-74 2.0's, which are more likely to be preserved & restored given their higher value, & better candidates for your tits.

Unfortunately it's going to be a long term proposition for you to make & market these, but maybe starting an advance interest list here, 914club, clubNARP, Pelican & 914Rubber could enable you to make up a "when I reach this number I'll start production" goal?

However, the risk with that approach will be that you'll lose some potential early sales because some interested parties will find other used or NOS parts around to fill the gap if it's delayed to long for their project's schedules, some of whom may still buy later.

popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 09:34 PM) *

Mark - I'm not sure that a couple of days, weeks or even months is a true test of the demand out there for either type.

While this involves only 1 or 2 model years of production - they were the peak production years involving approximately 40-50% of the total production of all 914/4s for the 6 MYs involved.

I used the crude method of splitting 50% of the production for the production by calendar year in the 914 info section here for the 73 & 74 MYs, & come up with roughly 49,000+/- 73 & 74 MY 914's produced with front tits, & 22,700 of those as 74 MYs with rear tits - out of roughly 115,000 toal 914/4's produced in 70-76 MYs.

So roughly 20% of all 914/4's had both front & rear tits, & almost 43% had front tits ~ not bad odds.

Also consider that roughly 24,000+ or 21% were the more popular 73-74 2.0's, which are more likely to be preserved & restored given their higher value, & better candidates for your tits.

Unfortunately it's going to be a long term proposition for you to make & market these, but maybe starting an advance interest list here, 914club, clubNARP, Pelican & 914Rubber could enable you to make up a "when I reach this number I'll start production" goal?

However, the risk with that approach will be that you'll lose some potential early sales because some interested parties will find other used or NOS parts around to fill the gap if it's delayed to long for their project's schedules, some of whom may still buy later.

popcorn[1].gif

I had kind of come to the same conclusion on these parts. There's a unique back story in the production of these that i will not get into, but most of the work is done on these. So I'm at a crossroads of if I do these before the WAS top or after. Either way they'll be done within 6 months, it's just a matter of how fast. One of the problems I have run into is the price point I charge discourages potential vendors from buying from me as I don't have a large margin on these to give up on the wholesale side.

-Mark
Tom_T
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 4 2010, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 09:34 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

I had kind of come to the same conclusion on these parts. There's a unique back story in the production of these that i will not get into, but most of the work is done on these. So I'm at a crossroads of if I do these before the WAS top or after. Either way they'll be done within 6 months, it's just a matter of how fast. One of the problems I have run into is the price point I charge discourages potential vendors from buying from me as I don't have a large margin on these to give up on the wholesale side.

-Mark

Maybe offer them a referral fee instead, then you stock & ship & give them a split of the profit. That also keeps out the large mark-ups from your price to the vendors' retail pricing. Retailers need to recognize that not everything is going to have a 40-60%+ mark-up, as grocery stores have found with their wafer thin margins.

So the no stock referral fee option may be a workable solution. That's apparently how Johannes does his 914 tee-shirts, etc.
Tom_T
BTW Mark - this is the rear tit still available which I found last year, retailing at about $70 - so your $140 for a pair up front seems about right to me.

http://www.automotion.com/product.asp?pf_i...mp;dept_id=4125

Oh - & I just remembered that I still need you to send me your biz card for your architectural products, & you might want to send one to Jeff Bowlsby too, since he's "in the business" too (A&E).

Tom T
Orange CA
///////
Mikey914
Need to get the count on these firmed up, As I had said before, I had another vendor that wanted me to make these exclusively for him, so I made the tooling on spec. He backed out.

So, most of the tooling has been done. As some of my other projects are in range of being online, I wanted to revist these. I will be making them as it's the only way I'll get any tooling back. I'm estimating I can have product in about 3-4 weeks.
So, who want a set $125 a pair in the group buy?
SHIPPED DOMESTIC or
$115 local pick up
MDG
in for a set
FourBlades

Jeez, I never thought I'd say I was not interested in a new set of tits....

However, if I was I would jump on these.

I prefer the Paris Hilton look to my bumpers. biggrin.gif

I have bought every other seal Mikey makes and they are all as good and usually
better than the originals. He usually improves the geometry of the seal, uses
rubber that does not absorb water, and uses stainless steel inserts.

John
ConeDodger
in
bandjoey
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 3 2010, 09:59 PM) *

I have a question.... which cut of meat is the best for a black eye????

Ya see....I read this thread earlier today, and when I saw it again I turned around and said to Betty "Hey...do you need new tits?"

After picking myself up off the floor, and putting ice on my left eye, I explained that I was referring to the bumper tits on a 914.

Now she wants to know something....

If she puts 3 of them on the front of her car, is it officially the triple breasted whore of eroticus six??

BTW.. she wants a set.

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
Mikey914
The molds are done!!!!
the good news is that these will be in productions starting mid next week, we just need to dial in the tint so they are a little more black, the first set actually came out gray (like a used set)

We also have been able to redue the intital group buy down to $99. or $110 shipped domestic.

Fist product to ship in first week on October!!!!
I'll contact those that were signed up so far, but they will be going up after the group buy!

I'll keep this open until Oct 15th or until I fill my last backorder (whichever is later).
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 23 2010, 04:42 PM) *

The molds are done!!!!
the good news is that these will be in productions starting mid next week, we just need to dial in the tint so they are a little more black, the first set actually came out gray (like a used set)

We also have been able to redue the intital group buy down to $99. or $110 shipped domestic.

I'll contact those that were signed up so far, but they will be going up after the group buy!

I'll keep this open until Oct 15th or until I fill my last backorder (whichever is later).

So Marky... I know you're good and all but how are you going to go back in time and ship these the first week of THIS month when we are in the fourth week of this month? Oh wait! You mean next year??? biggrin.gif

You gotta quit using copy and paste av-943.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 23 2010, 10:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 23 2010, 04:42 PM) *

The molds are done!!!!

So Marky... I know you're good and all but how are you going to go back in time and ship these the first week of THIS month when we are in the fourth week of this month? Oh wait! You mean next year??? biggrin.gif

You gotta quit using copy and paste av-943.gif

No I actually typed this up and set to you first. I meant Nov 15th beer3.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Hey Mark, I just sent PayPal 5 minutes ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.