Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testimonial to a purist!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
There is a member of this group who is reproducing important parts for 914's that are NLA. He is engineering these parts to be totally identical to the original, and in some cases superior to the original. I have a number of these parts, that I didn't need but were so good that I stockpiled.

His F & R bumper tops are identical to the Factory, but have stainless inserts in them - no rust ever. Fit is perfect, though I still maintain my originals on the cuurent 914.

His front targa seals are the same, but I don't need them & will keep for the coming 914. Side window wipers - same.

Mikey makes virtually nothing that is not NLA, and does it with high quality. I, personally don't care for his replacement for the windshield seal with a "chrome" thing molded in, but we can't all be perfect. The rest of his "makes" are pretty sweet.

Tod914 started this about 3 years ago, with his redo of the plastic rivets. I encourage all to think seriously about all these parts.

Look, when a part goes NLA - that's it! You either make do with ragged parts, no replacement, or just kick the car off to a corner.

Mikey & Tod are performing a great service to those of us who prefer the original appearance. If it's still available from the factory I urge you to use those parts. If NLA, check them out.
Pat

ps: this is a non-paid endorsement. But, some of you may be missing the boat!
MDG
I couldn't agree more, Pat. I've bought most of Mark's (Mikey914) products and am continually amazed at the quality. I mean really brilliant stuff. Hell, now when he introduces a new part I pretty much just buy one on the assumption I'll need it eventually.

Thanks Mark, Tod and everyone else who are helping keep these parts available.

Cheers on you all,

m.
Tom_T
agree.gif

Heck, I even went with Mikey914's rear topper over the OEM one which I had purchased!

Ditto with "extras" of Tod914's rivets!

Restoration Design's sheet metal replacement panels, Tangerine's SS fuel Lines, Engman's & JWest's repro bits, AA's collection, etc., etc.

- Kudo's to all those members here who help out the cause! beerchug.gif

While we're at it - Kudo's also to Sir Andy, Pat, & all of those here on 914world & in the "914 community" who are so willing to help out us "914 Nutz"!!!! biggrin.gif

It's just too bad this web thing & 914 community wasn't around "Back in the Day"!
Cheers! beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
Lots of us were "back in the day". I started on the old 914club and Renegade sites in 95. Back then there were tons of parts kicking around plus Porsche still was stocking most stuff.
Root_Werks
Always try to support anyone producing parts for our 914's and not bitch about prices. At this point, we're lucky to have people doing the R&D for NLA parts. To all who keep the 914 hobby alive:

pray.gif

Thank you and I hope you can continue to support us 914-nuts. beerchug.gif
Pat Garvey
My point in making this topic was simple.

There are a lot of NLA 914 parts, and many of them rubber parts.

Mark has snuggled into a niche that many of us waited for.....if it isn't available, he'll try to make it. What he's done is pretty damned reMARKable!

Many of you will recognize that I am a "purist" in the highest degree. I will take a piece of crap 914 metal & turn it into an original-in-appearance piece. But, when it comes to rubber components, especially those that are NLA, restoration success is minimal.

I've come to the realization that, when it comes to seals that are NLA, they will stay thay way - NLA. Unless someone with the "faith" comes forward, as Mark has, we are in the tank.

If he didn't make superior parts to Factory, I would probably diss him, since I'm such a PIA purist. Fact is he's good. I just hope he's making money at this.

Now - if he'd just make an early rain tray.........

Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.