Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pertronix Flame thrower distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
In my search for a distributor the other day i came across this. I never new this thing existed, has anyone tried it out. i did a search and found a thread from 2006, and then nothing confused24.gif

if it is really soooo awesome, how come everyone dosn't have one?

advantages or disadvantages?

popcorn[1].gif
ericread
I was only able to find the "Flamethrower" distriobutors for Type-1 engines.

The main issue for me is that teeners with stock FI would lose the FI triggers that is part of the stock dizzy.

So either you would have to replace the FI system with something else, or go to carbatooters.

Eric Read
Dr Evil
No fuel points in a 1.8 dizzy wink.gif This would work for a 1.8.
TheCabinetmaker
"carbatooters" lol-2.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 4 2010, 07:37 AM) *

No vacuum retard ability on this distributor, so it won't work with L-jet on a 1.8. The Cap'n
tod914
Maybe the 2:1 improvement will overshadow the lack of retard?
gothspeed
Has anyone tried this diz??
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 4 2010, 08:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 4 2010, 07:37 AM) *

No vacuum retard ability on this distributor, so it won't work with L-jet on a 1.8. The Cap'n

Yup, that's the one!

This looks like an 034 which doesn't really have the best advance curve for a 914 FI engine.

I noticed it mentioned the 010 I've also mentioned a few times, good luck finding one of those.

You're best to keep the stock 1.8 dizzy. I have carbs and will toss my 009 in the trash when I install my L-Jet 1.8 dizzy.
jsayre914
i got the dizzy to see if it would work, just before i started this thread. now that i recieved the dizzy, i see that it can not work with the l-jet setup properly. i am sending it back to the vendor. it was worth a try, it looks really cool biggrin.gif

i did keep the pertronix coil i orderd with it and i am running that with the stock distributor with pertronix module inside.

and the weather is bueatiful shades.gif
Rav914
I've got a SVRA from Aircooled on my '74 with L-Jet. Works great. Very reasonable price as well.
jsayre914
QUOTE(Rav914 @ May 14 2010, 06:33 PM) *

I've got a SVRA from Aircooled on my '74 with L-Jet. Works great. Very reasonable price as well.

what is a SVRA hide.gif
Rav914
Sorry, my mistake; SVDA. Link below:

http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/viewprodu...001&cartid=
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ May 14 2010, 06:49 PM) *

what is a SVRA hide.gif

Sportscar Vintage Racing Association
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.