Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late window scissor type rollers - NEW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I've heard stories of guys buying entire assemblies to get these, the picture in the maintenance manual doesn't even break these out as a separate part number.
I had this burred in the early roller thread, but thought I'd break it out for the benefit of those that overlooked it thinking it was only early window rollers.
Mikey914
Installed
Mikey914
Sorry for the crappy pictures.
veltror
I would like two sets of these to add to my larger order which I wil place with you soon. I did in fact buy a complete NOS window mechanism just for these recently. You make some amazing parts, I syill cannot wait to get my car back from the bodyshop. I am sure Mittelmotor would be interestd in these also!!
zx-niner
I'll take two sets. Are they available for ordering or are we on a list?
McMark
One cars worth for me. boldblue.gif
detoxcowboy
I think I want a complete set, and will paypal tinght but one question, how are these staying on? Snap in permenant or ?? Clue me in.. Please
Mikey914
QUOTE(zx-niner @ May 4 2010, 12:09 PM) *

I'll take two sets. Are they available for ordering or are we on a list?

You're on the list here, I'll forward the info shortly.
jim_hoyland
My order for the late window delrin rollers arrived today; I have a question. Can these be installed with the mechanism in the door ?

And, is there anything else in the mechanism that might add friction to winding the window up ?
Mikey914
You can install these without removing the mechanisim out of the door. I plyers will help you pull the old ones off (if they don't crack and beak). The ned one can be pressed on, and add a little grease. The do move up and down in the tracks with the fuzzeys (front and back). The assembly may need a some grease also. You may want to remove to clean up the assembly and re-lubricate, but you don't have to.
jim_hoyland
Is there a thread covering window mechanism removal fo late 914s ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.