Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 + Little Guy trailer=Fun?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
okieflyr
Leesa and I picked up this Little Guy trailer earlier this year, to get our backsides off the ground when we go camping. Tents have and will be apart of the camping seen, but a cozy dry spot off the ground is nice too. And it is light enough to be pulled with all my 4 cyl cars. The 914 just happens to have the most grunt with it's baby turbo. The yellow car gets looks on the road as it is, but with the Rv this should take it up a notch!

Click to view attachment
zx-niner
That is too cool! What's the weight of the trailer and how is your hitch attached to the 914?
jimkelly
sweet!
okieflyr
QUOTE(zx-niner @ May 4 2010, 08:57 PM) *

That is too cool! What's the weight of the trailer and how is your hitch attached to the 914?

The stated weight is 670lbs, so if it is just a sleep over it is under 700lbs.
With the galley loaded and camp cargo, it's about 800lbs. I modified a hitch leftover from my MR2 Turbo that bolts onto the old bumper damper locations, and the stinger goes into it vertically where a "normal" 914 muffler would be.
BigDBass
Paint that trailer to match and it'll be even better! biggrin.gif
underthetire
You have to put fuchs on it !

Sweet!
carr914
I vote for Fuchs too.

Maybe I can convert my trailer to a camper idea.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment
Joe Bob
I have the frame made, axle is re tooled for Fuchs.....just waiting on the siding to be cut.....
Tom_T
QUOTE(okieflyr @ May 4 2010, 05:53 PM) *

Leesa and I picked up this Little Guy trailer earlier this year, to get our backsides off the ground when we go camping. Tents have and will be apart of the camping seen, but a cozy dry spot off the ground is nice too. And it is light enough to be pulled with all my 4 cyl cars. The 914 just happens to have the most grunt with it's baby turbo. The yellow car gets looks on the road as it is, but with the Rv this should take it up a notch!

Click to view attachment

Showed this to my wife - who loves the old classic 1930's-50's teardrops, & she spent the last hour plus surfing the Little Guy website & she wants one! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
That's a sweet 914! More picts... aktion035.gif
bcheney
I second the additional 914 pic request...that is my dream...steel flaring my yellow 914! Very cool camper as well!!!
johannes
I like that ! More pics please ! ...
plas76targa
Kevin, that looks great. Bring it down here in August for the Barbeque!
bandjoey
Is this 914campingworld.com?
Don't forget the proper flares over the Fuchs biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Cool!

I had a class-11 looking bug years back with trailer hitch. That would get looks as well. Something you don't normally see towing something.

driving.gif
realred914
QUOTE(okieflyr @ May 4 2010, 05:53 PM) *

Click to view attachment

i usually tow my 914 from the front, not the rear. I think you got the tow hook on the wrong end. It is however nice
Joe Bob
Let's see the hitch hook up on the 914!!!!!
okieflyr
QUOTE(RobW @ May 5 2010, 12:50 AM) *

That's a sweet 914! More picts... aktion035.gif

This car is not "exactly" what you'd think from this pic. It is a water pumper conversion that gets flogged around the cones most of the time.
I'll work on pics when I get back from camping next week.
Matt, I need a date for August! I might need a window unit!
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 4 2010, 10:45 PM) *

I vote for Fuchs too.

Maybe I can convert my trailer to a camper idea.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment

I gotta change my vote to Cookies as I couldn't bear REAL 15x8s on the trailer.

I got some 15x7 Cookies today.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.