Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pelican is selling the '73 2.0 CHT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scrz914
I was stoked to see the one year only '73 cylinder head temp sensor was in stock at Pelican parts. Correct VW/Porsche number 022 906 041 A, '73 2.0 only...yes it looks right. So I bought two for future stock. Opened up the delivered package and the bags have a second parts sticker along with the VW number...0 280 130 012. Damn, not the correct Bosch number. What's Pelican trying to pull? The '73 2.0 sensor should be the 017, not 012. Does this mean the 017 does not exist anymore? I called Pelican and they are sticking to this part number as correct.
Since I already have a 012 installed and my idle is problematic, would it be better to try to find a matching MPS and ECU for the 012 sensor or does someone know of a source for the 017.
SLITS
Buy a rheostat and dial your own ohms.

It would be correct as Bosch would have issued a supercession. As I remember, it is NLM (no longer made). 017 was discontinued 11/2004.
orange914
find a 75-6 ecu. 056(?) as i recall. it has a decel feature that helps mpg and emmisions too.

mike
SLITS
QUOTE(orange914 @ May 5 2010, 03:01 PM) *

find a 75-6 ecu. 056(?) as i recall. it has a decel feature that helps mpg and emmisions too.

mike

052 ECU in combo with an 049 MPS.
r_towle
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 5 2010, 07:38 PM) *

mike

you always surpise me with your long term memory...

Rich
SLITS
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 5 2010, 05:01 PM) *

mike

Rich

What? Who? Where?
orange914
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 5 2010, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ May 5 2010, 05:01 PM) *

mike

Rich

What? Who? Where?

huh??? laugh.gif

we need a "slits" joint icon for the add on smileys
scrz914

I do have an extra ECU and MPS. I'll see if I can get the right combination.

Does this mean the 75/76 did not have a decel valve?

scrz914
Also, how does the CHT spacer affect the mixture? Currently my engine dies after the AAR closes. Or it will idle extremely low. After 15 minutes of driving, the idle is pretty solid at 1000 rpm. Is the mixture too rich and that's why it is bogging? and would the spacer help lean it out? Can't remember how that works but I can try that as well.
kkid
I don't know the sources to buy a new 017 but I have a good used 017. I will probably not use it in the near future since I have a '74 set up. wub.gif
Are you interested?
avidfanjpl
I am a bit stunned that you did NOT get the 017 part. I just did and it was delivered from the SoCal location.

It did have the correct part number, and even the stamp on the actual HTS was different from the incorrect 012 part I accidentally installed.

I had other problems with the car, but the 017 I just got 2 weeks ago is different from the 012 mistaken sensor I first purchased from Motorwerks about 2 months ago.

I can look at my electronic invoices, but when I got the 017 part, I do remember I called Pelican and reviewed the delivery BEFORE I yanked the other wrong one out.

Call Pelican. It was on the West Side of Los Angeles location, because I asked the tech salesguy when I called. He knew exactly what I was talking about.

Two weeks ago the 017 WAS available.

Not sure since then.

But I am ABSOLUTELY sure I got a DIFFERENT part than the 012 I first bought.

Side by side the stamp into the 6 sided 10MM body was absolutely not the same between the right and wrong part.

Really. I was worried, but it was different than the other one I got from Motorwerks.

Then I built my own 1/2 watt 270 ohm inline sensor covered in heatshrink, and the car did run much better without having to touch the MPS or anything else.

But then after tuning, timing, dwell, I found I had a tank full of rust!

POR15 arrives tomorrow!

Good luck!

John
avidfanjpl
scrz914
Call Pelican. It was on the West Side of Los Angeles location, because I asked the tech salesguy when I called. He knew exactly what I was talking about.

If you have a name, that would help. Mine were delivered last Monday. Maybe I should call back again.
scrz914
I don't know the sources to buy a new 017 but I have a good used 017. I will probably not use it in the near future since I have a '74 set up.
Are you interested?

I would. I've work hard to get all '73 FI parts and I've come down to this one part. Send me a PM for an asking price.
avidfanjpl
No, sorry, I don't have a name, but he was young. Everyone with a squeaky voice is young compared to me at this point

J
kkid
QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 5 2010, 10:15 PM) *

I don't know the sources to buy a new 017 but I have a good used 017. I will probably not use it in the near future since I have a '74 set up.
Are you interested?

I would. I've work hard to get all '73 FI parts and I've come down to this one part. Send me a PM for an asking price.

PM sent chowtime.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ May 5 2010, 10:44 PM) *

No, sorry, I don't have a name, but he was young. Everyone with a squeaky voice is young compared to me at this point

J

J - I hear ya on that, as I'm about 6 mos. behind you - but at least your 914 runs! sad.gif

Speaking of which, when are we going to see your 914 beauty at the Krispy Kreme at The Block in Orange for the PCA OCR Porsches & Doughnuts on 3rd Sat. mornings at 8:30 am - ?? confused24.gif

Let me know by PM or email & I'll make sure to get there. My buddy brought his 1 owner 71 914/4 last month.

BTW - my ViN is 01954 & later than yours, but the sticker has a 8/72 build date & a 8/31/72 Chassis No. - worlds fastest built 914!!!! laugh.gif

Thanx for the tip - I'll call Pelican to get a proper CHT for mine if they still have them, & the original poster should do the same asap.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom T
early-73 914-2.0 ("914S")
Orange CA
///////
scrz914
I called Pelican today and talked to a knowledgeable person that understood the differences in CHTs. He said right now Porsche has the 012 available and not the 017. He said he would take that off their online catalog. I don't know if we'll see the 017 again but it sure is getting harder and harder to get FI parts for these cars. I think when I rebuild my engine, I'll set it up for Carbs. But then, those will probably go away too. sad.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(scrz914 @ May 6 2010, 11:34 AM) *

I called Pelican today and talked to a knowledgeable person that understood the differences in CHTs. He said right now Porsche has the 012 available and not the 017. He said he would take that off their online catalog. I don't know if we'll see the 017 again but it sure is getting harder and harder to get FI parts for these cars. I think when I rebuild my engine, I'll set it up for Carbs. But then, those will probably go away too. sad.gif

Maybe Jeff Bowlsby can make these 017 CHTs or knows of another source for them? confused24.gif

I just PM'ed him to look here & weigh in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.