Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 so far...close to finished?!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pillay2k
Well i have been restoring my car for a long time now (3years to the month, through uni finals and running a UK Formula Student team away from home) but am now coming towards the end!

I haven't added a resto thread yet but will get round to it at some point. Until then enjoy the fruits of a couple of before and almost finished pics... biggrin.gif

As bought in Sept 2007, commence daily driver routine...
IPB Image

...for 50 miles before the engine gave up (excessive end float) engine rebuilt on another GB case we had in the shed!
IPB Image

May 2007, might just touch up the paint job as it is a bit tired... error!!
IPB Image

Rust issues...
IPB Image

...more... +many more (will add in future)
IPB Image

Bare metal allover
IPB Image

From above to POR allover, POR primer, spray filler, primer and then paint (lots!)
IPB Image

Add new discs and bearings everything else recycled with a bit of love
IPB Image

Same on the front, only replating was not done by me (i did try though)!
IPB Image

Looking good underneath, shame no-one will see it. Same on the underside!
IPB Image

Adding to the standard interior and finishing off
IPB Image

Rolled out of the garage for the fist time today with all panels almost attached.
IPB Image

Nearly there, i'm quite excited. First outing will be driving to Le Mans 24hrs next month... can i get it finished?
IPB Image

jimkelly
very nice drooley.gif
Root_Werks
So you started out with, ah, I'll just touch this up while I'm in there....

av-943.gif

Dude, seriuosly, the 914 looks amazing! Well done! smilie_pokal.gif
effutuo101
fantasitic! that is amazing! Love the color... smile.gif
pillay2k
Thanks guys. I always read through the work people do here and it keeps me going on mine. So many inspirations and directions i could have gone with this car but funds and logic meant original was the best way. One day i will be able to get my hands on a monster flared 6 or big 4.... ;-)
Colour is L32K, back to the original.
Nie Zu Alt
Beautiful car! Looking forward to your restoration thread. Nothing like some motivation through the work of others. aktion035.gif
StratPlayer
Very nice indeed!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Mr Pharmacist
Great work - looks fantastic (and also reminds me how far I've goto go on mine!!)

PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif aktion035.gif Nice work.
veltror
Nice another 914 saved from the British weather
Cheapsnake
Very nicely done! Congrats and on to LeMans.

Tom
rwilner
w00t.gif looks awesome! love that color.
AZ914
Great job!!!!
nomore9one4
Very nice ride! How did that roller work out? Did you have to make any modifications to it? I have one but am afraid to use it. My car has flares and I am fearful of ripping them off.
Lennies914
beer.gif Nice work. Looks awsome!
PanelBilly
Almost too nice to take out on the roads
pillay2k
Never too nice for the road! I am defiantly of the opinion that she will need to be driven as often as possible, well when i'm not at work or its raining, or cold out or ....

The roller worked pretty well, it was one we had from another project and just adapted it to fit. It wouldn't have hit the flares i i'd had them. Only downside was having to work around the suspension but then i came up with another solution... i hung the car from the garage I beam!

IPB Image

IPB Image
veltror
I drove my car in all weathers snow, rain,ice,salt you name it all over Europe and in the Mid-West int he states when I was living ther, you can see what it did to my car in my thread, nw it will be mostly galvanised and with modern anti-rust technology should live better
pillay2k
Done! w00t.gif Another '73 2.0 back on the road.

i'll take some nice pics asap, but for now... quite a bit of chemical guys polish and collinite 476s later...

IPB Image

IPB Image

PeeGreen 914
Wow....that's sexy drooley.gif cheer.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif
EdwardBlume
Simply awesome beer.gif
jcambo7
Congrats on the completion! Car looks great! aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
Very Nice! drooley.gif
elwood-914
Very nice. My favorite color too! pray.gif
kharma
wawaweewa drooley.gif
Krieger
Outrageous. Drive the hell out of it! aktion035.gif
effutuo101
piratenanner.gif
Now drive it like you stole it!
Congrats!
azbill
You did a good job. Congrats
nsr-jamie
Thats a beautiful car you have there!! Wish mine looked like that. Cheers beerchug.gif
carr914
Very Nice my Friend

So is the attitude that it needs to be driven ( especially to Le Mans). Maybe get one of these visor strips to remember the outing.

Click to view attachment

I wish I had a real idea of my completion date, so I could plan an unveiling - maybe Mirror Lake Classic confused24.gif , maybe MUSR idea.gif

T.C.
pillay2k
I was thinking Jagermeister decals for the trip there?

Many more trips to come, trip to the ring for a couple of gentle laps at least later in the year, might tie in nicely with Oktoberfest... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.